Re: [steiner] Re: Islam vs Christianity

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2004

      *******Here's an interesting twist: I found out recently that, by one system of classification, Islam is NOT a religion. It's a heretical form of Christianity, since it's based on Christianity but rejects the Divinity of Christ (and instead circulates the false Gnostic lie that Jesus didn't die on the Cross, just as Dan Brown is currently doing with his Da Vinci Code, based on a hoax---but that's another story).

          Since it's derived from Christianity (which was a major reformation of pre-existing Judaism), it's actually a sect of Christianity, not a separate religion---a heretical sect. It is derivative, not original.

         I think what Steiner said about Marxism applies also to it----it's false, but its crude materialistic ideas are ones the ignorant masses can understand, so it spreads in popularity. As if you live only one life, and in that one all you have to do is pray 5 times a day, give alms to the poor and try to visit Mecca once, and that's it, you're 'pensioned off' in heaven for eternity ---a crudely material heaven with fruit trees and 72 virgins. (Can any experts on Islam tell us if  only men go, or is it only lesbian women get to go there? I mean, that wouldn't be much of a reward for heterosexual ones, now would it?)

      Starman

      Ali Sina (ex muslim and expert on islam) has thorougly debunked the myth
      that Wahabism is to blame. See www.faithfreedom.org My ex was also a muslim
      and I know about islamic thinking. Islam itself is to blame. It is an
      ideology based on power through terror.

      The problem stems from the prophet muhammad - and ultimate role model - that
      muslims are brought up to revere and be superstitious about since childhood.
      This prophet murdered anyone who didn't agree with him. He raped and
      pillaged, mass murdered entire Jewish tribes, maimed and tortured. He was
      nothing short of a terrorist, worse than Bin Laden. While the New Testament
      will warm your heart, the Koran will give you nightmares!

      Muhammad started out with nice teachings, but as his power increased,
      through raiding caravans and towns etc, he became more and more ruthless. He
      died cursing the Jews and Christians. There is a rule called 'Nasikh' in
      reading the Koran that says that any contradiction is abrogated by the later
      teaching.

      Most muslims do NOT read the Koran in a language they can understand, and
      the majority dont' even read it at all. They are unaware of what it contains
      and only hear the nicer verses through word of mouth. Only recently has
      literacy improved in muslim countries and the Koran been translated into
      contemporary languages. Now more people are reading it - mostly young
      people - and finding inspiration in Muhammad's rise to power through terror.
      Add the cheap and easy access to WMD plus modern technology to the equation
      and throw in the politically correct, 'religions are all the same' set, and
      governments with their heads in the sand, and you get a potentially lethal
      situation.

      As for the crusades, well there is plenty of evidence that this was just an
      over-reaction to the muslim invasion of europe. I don't know a lot about the
      history of the crusades, but I have read that if these didnt' happen we
      would all be muslim now. Secondly, and most importantly, no matter how many
      crusades or atrocities were committed in the name of Christianity, Christ
      does not support it in his teachings. When Christians commit atrocities they
      do it in SPITE of Christianity, while Muslims do it BECAUSE of Islam.
      Therefore Christianity is redeemable and eternal, but not Islam.

      Here's an interesting comparison between Christ and Muhammad;
      http://answering-islam.org.uk/Silas/founders.htm

      There is a really good book by anthroposophist Rudolph Freiling called
      'Christianity and Islam' which is a fascinating comparison of the mystical
      implications of both religions.

      There ARE a lot of muslims leaving Islam when they discover what it is
      really about, and I'm optimistic that Islam is imploding gradually, as it
      comes into contact with more evolved forces, thanks to the help of the
      internet, easy access to travel and immigration etc.

      Sarah
    • casey
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 22, 2004
        DoctorStarman@... wrote:
        [---a crudely material heaven with fruit trees and 72 virgins.}

        *******......... (Can any experts on Islam tell us if  only men go, or is it only lesbian women get to go there? I mean, that wouldn't be much of a reward for heterosexual ones, now would it?)

        Starman

        Ha reward!  The reward is that a Muslim man may marry them!

        It's possible that the stables of virgins might be populated with the hetero woman....?  (of course with a healthy dose of affirmative action @ a ratio of 72 to 1!!)

        While in no way whatsoever am i an expert in Islam, and not yet have a single gopie who is in love with thee...... ;-)

        Radha the gopie