Re: [steiner] correction

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
      In a message dated 12/8/2004 8:32:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, tma4cbt@... writes:

      Oops.  I thought Sarah asked why I lumped 'born again christians' in
      with Muslims.  My response should have been, I didn't.  I would not
      place Born Agains on the same level with Muslims.  Quit frankly, I
      don't think the Born Again movement is capable of the kind of evil
      that we see coming from the poisoned branch of Islam.  I know many
      of you would disagree, and I'm willing to hear why.

      ******* "Born-again" Christians are, in fact, mostly people who have experienced the etheric Christ. Spiritual science is here to provide the language and thinking needed to integrate such an experience into one's life, and all who experience that New Birth work at developing their own ideas and words to express it. Because spiritual science is as yet so little known, most don't find their way to it, and so have only the Bible to turn to when seeking understanding-----a scripture which is so often interpreted in a literalist or fundamentalist way, and also by people whose minds desire to go back to the Old Testament times when we were not free but lived under the Law.

         But because we have the benefit of a culture that the Christ-Impulse has worked into so much, all I've seen from our "fundamentalists" is the shooting of a few abortionists. We haven't seen any Jerry Falwell followers fly planes into buildings as a way to force everyone else to agree with their opinion of morality, have we.

      -starman
      www.DrStarman.net