Soul Calendar, Week 37 after Easter- WINTER

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2004

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the ARCHER in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 7 (WINTER)  *
      Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht
      Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb
      Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime
      In Weltengrunden wurzeln
      Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel
      Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

      To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,
      Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive
      That light-filled Soul-Seeds
      In World-Ground take root
      And God's Word in Senses' Darkness
      Makes clear all Being it resounds through.

         Interpretation of the mantra:
        Throughout the Fall and into Winter our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to outer Nature-Consciousness) grows.
          Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed, through use of the mantra, saying that, if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others.
          This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and, through the mantric work, we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darknesss of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, December 19th.  Moon Aries.  Abraham.

      Monday, December 20th. Moon Aries.  Ammon, Christian teacher of the 2nd century.

      Tuesday, December 21st. Moon Taurus.   Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

      Wednesday, December 22nd. Moon Taurus. Theodosius.

      Thursday, December 23rd. Moon Gemini.  Dagobert.

      Friday, December 24th. Moon Gemini.  Adam and Eve. 1st of 13 days of Christmas.

      Saturday, December 25th. Moon Cancer.
        Birth of Jesus. Newton born 1642. Charlemagne crowned King in Rome 799.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net