correction

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2004
      Oops. I thought Sarah asked why I lumped 'born again christians' in
      with Muslims. My response should have been, I didn't. I would not
      place Born Agains on the same level with Muslims. Quit frankly, I
      don't think the Born Again movement is capable of the kind of evil
      that we see coming from the poisoned branch of Islam. I know many
      of you would disagree, and I'm willing to hear why.
    • eyecueco@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2004
        "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...> wrote:

        >Oops.  I thought Sarah asked why I lumped 'born again christians' in
        >with Muslims.  My response should have been, I didn't.  I would not
        >place Born Agains on the same level with Muslims.  Quit frankly, I
        >don't think the Born Again movement is capable of the kind of evil
        >that we see coming from the poisoned branch of Islam.  I know many
        >of you would disagree, and I'm willing to hear why.

        I confess to having had a long term problem/antipathy to Islam for
        most of my life, but, I do no think what you are saying can be covered
        by the label ' Muslim'. Although, I see you as being correct in what
        you are saying about the problems currently arising across the world
        as arising, at this time, from Muslims.  Even some Muslim scholars
        say this, i.e., "Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all the terrorists
        are Muslims" (can't recall the Muslim's name who said this in the
        past few months, but can look it up if necessary.

        The problem is coming from Wahabbism.  This sect wants an Islamic
        world order across the globe.  Talk about New World Order!
        This one would be under Shari Law. I'd rather be dead :-)

        No chance,imo, of coming to the Son (Father-Son Stream) via this
        branch of Islam.

        On the other hand, Mathew, even though the extreme fundies in
        the US of A aren't doing vile things in the name of the lord, they
        are capable and one only has to look to the history of the Catholic
        Church to see what unspeakable acts can be committed.
        I guess I tend to see the snake handlers of the mid-west just as
        unbalanced and unthinking as the insurgents in Iraq.

        Actually, I will end with another confession which is this, even though I've struggled
        with my antipathy toward Islam via Anthroposophic writers I just don't see how
        any Muslim can find his or her way to the Son (Christ) if he or she stays devout
        to the Koran.  This does not mean that he or she can not be, is not as moral, ethical, advanced spiritual as a saint,  I'm just saying that I don't find the path to the
        Christ in Islam - anywhere - and I have looked. I know there have been amazing Islam esoteric scholars, mystics, but, I don't find a path to the Son in their writings.  Can't
        help but think that the Muslim must first leave behind the group ego consciousness
        he or she is stuck in first.  I know how elitist that sounds, but, I did not set up the evolutionary plan that is going on and that we are all stuck with.  Group ego, tribal ego
        consciousness is very much the problem with the terrorist mindset.  That and an
        incredible cluelessness about the spiritual world being a non material plane  of
        existence (72 virgin non-sense, etc.) .

        Imo,
        Paulina

        Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

        Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004
          In a message dated 12/8/2004 8:32:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, tma4cbt@... writes:

          Oops.  I thought Sarah asked why I lumped 'born again christians' in
          with Muslims.  My response should have been, I didn't.  I would not
          place Born Agains on the same level with Muslims.  Quit frankly, I
          don't think the Born Again movement is capable of the kind of evil
          that we see coming from the poisoned branch of Islam.  I know many
          of you would disagree, and I'm willing to hear why.

          ******* "Born-again" Christians are, in fact, mostly people who have experienced the etheric Christ. Spiritual science is here to provide the language and thinking needed to integrate such an experience into one's life, and all who experience that New Birth work at developing their own ideas and words to express it. Because spiritual science is as yet so little known, most don't find their way to it, and so have only the Bible to turn to when seeking understanding-----a scripture which is so often interpreted in a literalist or fundamentalist way, and also by people whose minds desire to go back to the Old Testament times when we were not free but lived under the Law.

             But because we have the benefit of a culture that the Christ-Impulse has worked into so much, all I've seen from our "fundamentalists" is the shooting of a few abortionists. We haven't seen any Jerry Falwell followers fly planes into buildings as a way to force everyone else to agree with their opinion of morality, have we.

          -starman
          www.DrStarman.net