Re: [steiner] Rudolf Steiner and Emanual Swedenborg

  • sonia easley
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
      Hello,

      Thank you for looking in your library.  How very kind.

      You know, I have struggled with this question regarding "Streams" on my personal level.  I have felt such closeness to both streams.  I wonder, however, if this is possible.  I would indeed be grateful for any advice you have in reference to this subject.

      Warmest regards, Sonia

      LilOleMissy <lilolemissy@...> wrote:
      Many of us have read Steiner's 8 volumes entitled "Karmic Relationships"
      whether as they're entitled now, in their earlier editions or both, and
      they are indeed enormously thought provoking. It seems to me Steiner had
      much to say about Loyola as well as about Swedenborg, since not all -
      perhaps not even most - of what he said regarding these incarnations are
      contained in the "Kar. Rel." series of lectures. I don't offhand recall
      exact lectures referencing this, but will try to find dates, titles,
      etc. in my library as time allows. I wonder if you might have been able
      to decide which of the two streams you feel you might feel most at home
      with - that is found in Vol. III of the Kar. Rel. series of lectures.
      Fascinating how so much seems to open up for us from examining ourselves
      in such a light!

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      soniaeasley2002 wrote:

      > I just finished the eight volumes, Karmic Relationships. For those
      > of you that have read the series and perhaps know Emanuel
      > Swedenborg's work, I would like clarification on Loyola, the founder
      > of the Jesuits and a previous incarnation of Swedenborg's and the
      > later materialization of the soul, ES.
      >
      > Steiner talks about the genii in relation to the two gentlemen.
      > However, in Emanuel's Heaven and Hell, he speaks about the genii
      > coming from Hell. RS simply makes the comment that some of
      > Swedenborg's pictures of Heaven and Hell are not correct. I need a
      > better sense of how RS viewed Swedenborg. Goethe studied ES carefully.
      >
      > I would also like to talk about some other historical figures
      > mentioned in the volumes, if indeed there is someone who has read the
      > materials.
      >

      > Post to steiner@egroups.comSearch the archives of the group at:

      > ommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129b4nd3o/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705077360:HM/EXP=1102293675/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

      >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of

      Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      ommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2004
        Dear Sonia,

        I'm still looking, Sonia, and no thanks needed! What is needed, however,
        is some organization in my "library skills"! :) I'm still scrounging
        through. It took me quite a long time to feel I was able to decide for
        myself about the 2 streams outlined so well in Kar. Rel. Vol. III ["The
        Karma of the Anthroposophical Movement"], but Steiner's words about
        thinking over decisions 7 times 7 and then another 7 times that, and on
        ad infinitum. In all truth, I was so tired of pondering this specific
        point that I simply held it in abeyance and went on to other matters,
        but one day while performing some mundane task the truth fell into my
        consciousness like a bomb. It seems to me Steiner gives us all so much
        help in these matters and I realize what may be of benefit for one may
        not be quite the thing for another. You'll reach your goals as needed,
        surely. :)

        Heartfelt Blessings,

        Sheila

      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 10, 2004
          *Dear Sonia,

          I finally located in the chaos of my library a truly fascinating lecture
          by Steiner entitled "Swedenborg's Power of Vision", Dornach, 12 Sept.
          1915, which is taken from Anthroposophical News Sheet, 7th Year, No. 14,
          2 April, 1939. I wonder if you have this one, or access to it? Please
          let me know since I can put it into email for the list or into the files
          section. As you realize, titles so often seem unable to convey exact
          content and I'm still scrounging around for the Loyola incarnation per
          se. One problem is that I become engrossed in a given work here and
          there while time flies past, and perhaps any chaos of organization lies
          within my being! :) Suggestions, anyone?

          Blessings,

          Sheila
          *

        • sonia easley
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 11, 2004
            MISSY,

            Bless your heart for your work on this request.  This really means a lot to me.  Is it too much of a bother to post this lecture?

            You are in good company organizing Steiner's materials.  After several hundred readings, one has a difficult time recalling certain subjects.  It's like we need a RS librarian to keep us current with access to bits we have read in our past.

            Thank you so much for your assistance.  I find the Loyol/Swedenborg picture fascinating.

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 11, 2004
              Not at all, Sonia - I'll be happy to do so. It seems to me there's some
              sort of book I've heard of which seems to be some sort of reference to
              Steiner's work via subject, but I've only heard of it. Thanks for the
              kind words - maybe there's hope for me afterall. :) Hopefully some kind
              soul will be able to come to our assistance regarding Loyola!

              Warmly,

              Sheila