Re: [steiner] Averroes & Arabism

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2004
      In a message dated 11/24/2004 2:15:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, eyecueco@... writes:

      "Mathew Morrell" <tma4cbt@...> wrote:
      >In "Three Streams in Human Evolution", Steiner mentions the Spanish-
      >Arabian scholar Averroes. This was a man influenced by the 7th
      >century, Arabian mystery center, The Academy of Jundi Sabur.  They
      >taught a form of transcendence, although flawed, capable of exacting
      >intense scientific knowledge from the universe.

      Steiner tells us that the intellectual or mind soul epoch came to an end in 1413and that  the consciousness soul epoch will last until around 3600 AD.
      At the time of the culmination of the intellectual soul is when Michael decreed that Cosmic Intelligence was to be transferred to mankind. By the time of the Mystery of Golgotha individuals were functioning from the heritage of this Intellectual Soul, where head and heart forces mingle.  Not so in Arabism.
      You quote Averroes :
      "When a man dies, it is only the substance of his soul that flows into the universal spirituality.  Man has no personal individuality; all that is soul in separate men is merely a reflection of the one universal soul."
      Here Averroes is articulating a concept of man that is at once universal and transcendent, but also, in the personal level, completely meaningless and non-essential, and therefore capable of achieving only carnal gratification."
      Well, actually what Averroes was teaching is  that thinking, "active intellect" decayed with the body after death.  The belief that 'active intelligence" returned to the spiritual world where it was taken over  by the Cosmic Intelligence which "remained cosmic" is most exactly what caused the great debate that arose between Thomas Aquinos and Averroes.
      Averroes did no understand that Cosmic Intelligence has been poured down from the cosmos and given to men, because he was stuck in the consequences of what occurred due to Harun al Raschid refusing to "relinquish Mohammedanism in the spirit world" after his death.   The Christic Impulse that began, or at least, began to be made possible to work into the thinking of mankind, was circumvented in Islamic thought due to Harun al Raschild's rejection of christiainity in the spirit world after his death.  The School of Chartres was established in order to help counter what Arabism was going to  bring forth in the world during the 11th &1 2th century.

      *******And that competition between the Arab-influenced materialist thinking that does not know the Christ, and the true Christian forces working in the West for the good of mankind, is still ongoing.
         Not every Western "Christian" is a channel for the Christ-Impulse, for sure, and not every Muslim is completely closed to it; but zealous anti-Christian Muslims who fully take in the brainwashing of Arabism, one could say, worship Satan disguised as Allah. The Sun-Demon Sorath (666) uses them as mere pawns. That's what's behind the events of our times.

      Starman
      www.DrStarman.net
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2004
        Not every Western "Christian" is a channel for the Christ-Impulse,
        for sure, and not every Muslim is completely closed to it; but zealous
        anti-Christian Muslims who fully take in the brainwashing of Arabism,
        one could say, worship Satan disguised as Allah. The Sun-Demon Sorath
        (666) uses them as mere pawns. That's what's behind the events of our times.

        > Starman
        > www.DrStarman.net

        Daniel Pipes and Robert Spencer, the latter of /Jihad Watch/, bring very
        much to light regarding the incredible spread of radical Islam within
        the US and Canada. Readers may wish to review http://www.dawanet.com and
        its instructions regarding influencing children in our schools:
        http://www.dawanet.com/methods/default.asp It seems to me the West is
        dangerously pervaded by these types of fanaticism far more than one
        comprehends on the surface, which is, of course, exactly what
        anti-Christian Muslims work toward!

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2004

          lilolemissy@... writes:
          Daniel Pipes and Robert Spencer, the latter of /Jihad Watch/, bring very
          much to light regarding the incredible spread of radical Islam within
          the US and Canada. Readers may wish to review http://www.dawanet.com and
          its instructions regarding influencing children in our schools:
          http://www.dawanet.com/methods/default.asp  It seems to me the West is
          dangerously pervaded by these types of fanaticism far more than one
          comprehends on the surface, which is, of course, exactly what
          anti-Christian Muslims work toward!

          Sheila

          ******* I think people like Daniel Pipes should be heard on every radio and TV station and in every newspaper. Same with Dore Gold's book Hatred's Kingdom.

              As moderator, I suppose I am expected to take a very balanced approach to characterizing Islam as evil. I'm sorry but I cannot do so. We anthroposophists know the Christ as an inner reality, as the Incarnation of the Lamb Slain from the Foundation of the World, not just another mere prophet like Moses, which is among the many falsehoods Islam teaches. It also has no understanding of reincarnation and karma, and no spiritual teaching is real which is blind to that. And I have my doubts that the 'prophet" Mohammed was ever a real prophet, as I also have grave reservations about Joseph Smith and many others.

                I strongly suspect that Mohammed merely cobbled together what he heard of the Hebrew scriptures from merchants in passing caravans, mixed with false Gnostic Christianity he heard from others, and grafted these onto traditional Arab beliefs (jinns, etc.) to create a "religion" which was a mere excuse for warfare, to retake Mecca, which is why supposedly only the warrior who dies in battle goes to the highest heaven. In fact, I am quite open to the idea that Islam is the "religion" of the Antichrist, serving the forces of evil against the Christ-Impulse in our time.

             So, if people want a very neutral, balanced statement about the so-called Religion of Peace and its murderous fanatic followers in our time, I guess they'll have to get it elsewhere. Every conflict going on in our world today is being caused by Islam, and I think the Europeans had better take theior heads out of the sand about this before there are big bombings that wake them up, like the train bombing in Spain, or cultural figures assassinated like Van Gogh in Holland. If as a moderator I'm required to be neutral in tone about Islam, I will have to defer to someone else to play that role. ;-)

          Starman
          www.DrStarman.net