Help Needed

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2004
      I can't remember the Cabbalistic name for the Universal, EGO-less
      state beloved by all declining civilizations---it's a regressive
      state of being. I need the name of this "state" for a paper I'm
      writing on how dying cultures descend from "the human" toward that
      which is human-less. In that downward direction towards the non-
      human lies ________________, a state of formlessness, un-codified
      and un-condensed, irreligious and universal, accessible to all human
      beings yet profoundly inhuman and non-individualized. This state
      (whose name I'm searching for) is an indistinct state that exists
      beneath individual consciousness, like a state of sleep, unconscious
      and unenlightened; in essence, a state in which the I AM has been
      renounced in favor of that which is collectivized and non-human and
      instinctual. In the direction of ___________________ lies modern
      man's greatest fear: the Ahrimanic civilization that has evolved
      beyond its humanity, the monster state epitomized in the twentieth
      century by Nazi Germany and Bolshevik Russia.

      The word CHOKMAH comes to mind.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2004
        tma4cbt@... writes:

[...]

        ******* Brother Ron may be of more help than I.
             I've never heard it described that way, but perhaps you're referring to "Da'ath", the "Abyss", which is just below Chokmah and Binah.
           Incidentally, in using the meditations Steiner gave to the First Class one comes to experience this Abyss as a reality on the spiritual Path.
        -starman
        www.DrStarman.net