Soul-Calendar, Week 32

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2004

      ********Sorry to be late sending this week's Calendar.   -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIO from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SCALES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 2  *

      Ich fühle fruchtend eigne Kraft
      Sich stärkend mich der Welt verleihn;
      Mein Eigenwesen fühl ich kraftend
      Zur Klarheit sich zu wenden
      Im Lebensschicksalsweben.

      I feel my Power bearing fruit
      Strengthening me, the World to lend;
      My Ego-Essence I feel forcefully
      Wending its way to Clarity
      In Life-Destiny-Weaving.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt how the spiritual light of thinking sought to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating sense-existence, and thus started to turn the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces. This week's verse describes how these will-forces are now strong enough for the outer world to connect with us (it is 'lent' to us), so that we gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.

      Sunday, November 14th.  Moon Sagittarius. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Monday, November 15th. Moon Capricorn.  Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.
      Tuesday, November 16th. Moon Capricorn. Edmund (King of England).

      Wednesday, November 17th. Moon Aquarius. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

      Thursday, November 18th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

      Friday, November 19th. Moon Pisces. Zacharius.

      Saturday, November 20th. Moon Pisces.
        Amos (the Prophet). 1497 Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the Cape of Good Hope. 1910 Tolstoy died.