Re:the religious left

  • sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Matthew,
      I agree with what you say and have seen and heard it also. I love the
      anglican church we had our son baptised in, but I can't stand the sermons -
      they are full of references to iraq, bush, gay rights and all the usual. No
      word on the principles of Love, Grace, Forgiveness etc. Whenever I go there
      I leave feeling guilty for not saving the world! So I go to a Baptist
      evangelical church which would probably look at me sideways if they knew my
      views on Steiner etc, LOL, but when I leave the sermon I feel enriched and
      energised. There is no talk of politics, gay rights, abortions etc, just
      Love, Grace, Forgiveness and how to stretch oneself to be a better person.

      So I save the anglican church for Christenings, Christmas pageants and
      Whitsun etc, and go to the Baptist church for spiritual nourishment. :-)

      Sarah