"Am I Evil"--Metallica.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      A very informative post, Starman. I'm especially interested in what
      you said about evil. In not so many words, you said that the task
      of the present age is to master the Mystery of Evil. Fascinating.

      To understand evil you have to have a clear vision of the
      relationship between God (a singularity) and the world (duality).
      In simple terms, where does God start and evil begin? The two can't
      co-exist within one another, after all, can they? How could perfect
      goodness mix with evil and still be perfect?

      Let's see.

      Meister Eckhart said that God is in the world but the world is not
      within God. God is implicit to the world of darkness and shadow,
      not apart of it. He exists in a state of sublimity, untouched and
      virginal, without beginning or end, imageless, perfect, like the
      original universe resting in absolute peace: completely luminous
      and beautiful. This is the goodness that cannot be corrupted by
      evil. This is the goodness that exists in our deepest most souls.
      This is the goodness that Christ made reference to when he said "my
      Father art in heaven."

      This is not the goodness of the world, which is opposite of evil.
      This is the goodness that is eternal; it is a singularity, a state
      of perfection, perfect good, all knowingness, all powerful, and
      possessor of all things. Such a state of goodness can not exist in
      duality. If so, the universe would seize to exist.

      God's goodness enters the world only through spiritual channels,
      through our thinking it, willing it, and feeling it in our lives
      upon the material plane. That way God's goodness cannot be
      corrupted. It is an infinite reservoir that springs eternal.

      In contrast evil is of the world. Evil is not the absence of good,
      as Augustine said. It is a free power that rejects the goodness
      offered by God. Instead of drawing inspiration from God, it draws
      from "the material," from blackness and death, hatred and pain, from
      the black filth and bile dragging spirit into the Abyss. Hell is
      the separation of man from God, as is evil.