Re: [steiner] The Religious Left

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
      I enjoyed reading your post and you are so correct on the churches and politics having been there myself I CARE NOT to go back...  Anyway, I was wondering what school you go to?  Don't mean to get personal I was just wondering if it is a religious school?  It feels good to bridge some of the old religion in with anthroposophy.  Like Gandalf's words "hope is kindled."  Where are you sensing this hatred for Christ mainly?   Because I have a little of it due to Christians myself coming out of some right wing experiences.  I have also seen it in many new age types of groups.  Many new age types (don't mean to stereotype) when they think of Christ they think of an old typical "Christian" who is out to preach, teach, and  impeach.  Which breaks my heart.  Trying to draw a little distinction between hating "Christ" and/or "Christians" though?  ~Chantel
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2004
        Don't mean to get personal I was just wondering if it is a religious
        school?

        ----No, I'm currently attending a public, two-year college called
        Johnson County Community College. It's far from religious. My
        dream is to attend a religious school of some kind where I can
        experience some sort of brotherhood with my teachers and students.
        But, due to financial reasons, that doesn't seem possible at the
        moment; it appears as if I'll be transferring to Kansas University
        next year, home of the Jayhawks, which is only thirty minutes down
        the road. My major is undecided.

        Where are you sensing this hatred for Christ mainly?

        ----A lot of places. Wherever there is contempt for decency,
        righteousness and nobility there's a rejection of the Christ impulse
        on the social plane.

        Try to draw a little distinction between hating "Christ"
        and/or "Christians" though?

        ----I'll try.