Re: [steiner] A galactic event

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2004
      In a message dated 10/14/2004 10:08:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tma4cbt@... writes:

      Eventually our galaxy, the Milky Way, will undergo a similar
      collision. According to the article, the Milky Way is moving toward
      the Virgo Cluster.  Impact may come as soon as a few billion years.

      ********Some years ago a brilliant anthroposophical scientist from Poland, Konrad Rudnicki, came to the U.S. and spoke extensively about the discoveries of Harvard astronomer Halton Chip Arp that cast doubt on this entire materialist way of imagining stars and galaxies. Arp found that galaxies close to each other (in fact, connected) again and again had very different "red shifts", meaning that the behavior of light noticed over the past 150 years and upon which all the theories of a "Big Bang" are built, may be quite false. Light out there may not behave as we think it does here on earth, with objects moving towwards the observer appearing more red than they actually are and objects moving away more violet. The statements astronomers confidently make about movements of stars and galaxies may thus be quite dubious in their foundation.
      -starman
      www.DrStarman.net