    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2004
      *******Sorry to be late with this week's calendar.  -starman

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the SCALES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 8  *

      Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
      Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
      Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
      Aus Seelensonnenmacht
      Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
      Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
      Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

      I can, in Inner newly alive,
      Feel my own Essence widen
      And power-filled Thinking-rays
      Out of Soul's Sun-Might
      Life-Riddles loosening giving,
      Fulfillment to many Wishes lending
      That before, even the Hope for had its wings lamed.

      Interpretation of this week's mantra:
         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.
        This developing self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the Autumn.
         This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves and causing our being to widen out of its isolation within the self, out into the wide world; and newly-empowered thinking finds itself able to solve what had been before seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life. This, in turn, leads to the feeling that many wishes, whose hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, we now see it will be possible to realize.

                                                  **********************************

      Sunday, October  18th.  Moon Sagittarius.   Luke (the Evangelist).

      Monday, October 19th. Moon Capricorn.  Ptolemäus.

      Tuesday, October 20th. Moon Capricorn.   Arthur.

      Wednesday, October 21st. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns).

      Thursday, October 22nd. Moon Aquarius.  1811 Franz Liszt born.

      Friday, October 23rd. Moon Aquarius. Ignatius.

      Saturday, October 24th. Moon Pisces. Sagittarius.
        Raphael (the Archangel).

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2006
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

        days.

        constellation LIBRA from October 13th to November 9th in our era. A
        version of the new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original
        Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
        attached to this electronic mail.

        This week's mantra.
        uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
        spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
        experience.

        English to German.

        * M A N T R A # 2 8 *

        Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
        Erf�hlen eignen Wesens Weiten
        Und kraftef�llt Gedankenstrahlen
        Aus Seelensonnenmacht
        Den Lebensr�tseln l�send spenden,
        Erf�llung manchem Wunsche leihen,
        Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen l�hmte.

        I can in Inner newly alive
        Feel my own Essence widen
        And power-filled Thinking-rays
        Out of Soul's Sun-Might
        Life-Riddles loosening giving,
        Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
        That before even the Hope for had its wings lamed.

        The season of AUTUMN is the MICHAELMAS time, in which we are meant to
        develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
        (outer)-consciousness we have had all Summer. This developing
        self-consciousness by last week had produced a powerful force in our
        soul-drives, which was sensed as a seed of future development going into the
        Autumn.
        This week, we feel this new force enlivening our inner selves, like a
        Sun we have taken WITHIN us instead of the warming sun that was outside us
        in the summer, and this causes our being to widen out of its isolation
        within self into the wide world----- and newly-empowered thinking finds
        itself able to solve what had been before seemingly insoluable mysteries of
        life; which in turn leads to the feeling that there are many wishes, whose
        hopes of fulfillment we had given up on, that we now can see it WILL be
        possible to realize.

        **********************************

        Sunday, October 22nd. Moon Scorpio. New Moon. 1811 Franz Liszt born.

        Monday, October 23rd. Moon Scorpio. Ignatius.

        Tuesday, October 24th. Moon Sagittarius. Raphael (the Archangel).

        Wednesday, October 25th. Moon Sagittarius. 1806 Max Stirner born.

        Thursday, October 26th. Moon Capricorn. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's
        Gospel).

        Friday, October 27th. Moon Capricorn. Sabina.

        Saturday, October 28th. Moon Capricorn. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
        Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

        Get today's hot entertainment gossip
        http://movies.msn.com/movies/hotgossip?icid=T002MSN03A07001