Re: [steiner] opinions

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2004
      Here is one sentence by Steiner:  "Our powers of perception and feeling are in accord with our earlier incarnations."

      "We live through many embodiments, from incarnation to incarnation.  In each, we learn many things, each full of opportunities for gathering new experiences.  We cannot carry everything over in every detail from incarnation to incarnation.  When we are born again it is not necessary for everything we have learned to come to life in every detail.  But if we have learned a great deal in one incarnation, and then die an are born again, although there isno need for all our ideas to live again, we come to life withthe fruits of our former life, the fruits of what we have learned.  Our powers of perception and feeling are in accord with our earlier incarnations."

      "Steiner goes on to describe how Goethe in his poem shows us "The highest wisdom, which is a fruit of former knowledge."  He says that Brother Mark, the new leader of the twelve, "has transformed this knowledge into feeling and experience and is therefore qualified to lead others who have perhaps learned more in the form of concepts.""
    • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2004
          Sheila, you know, I am not sure what lecture.  A good guess would be the karma and reincarnation.  I got this out of "Start Now" a book of soul and spiritual exercises by R.S. edited and introduced by Christopher Bamford.  It is the BEST book by the way in case you don't have it.  I just started it and can't put it down.  Much luck on your endeavors, Chantel
        • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 30, 2004
            Thanks, Chantel - that should do it, and I really appreciate your kind reply. It's great to know such a collection is available "all in one", rather than these cluttered notes with jotted down reminders to myself! :)

            Sheila