Insect Noise

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 15, 2004
      Has anyone done any research on insect noise and its effect on human
      consciousness. I say this because these late summer night are filled
      with the humming, beating, chiming, sawing, music of millions of
      insects. The ciccadias in particular make loud mating noises
      composed of half-notes that cut right through you, affecting the way
      you think.
    • radistasi
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2004
        Matthew,

        Try this personal experiment. Sit outside just prior to sunset and be
        as attentive as possible to the sounds of the insects prior to the
        exact time of sunset. You will notice that at the exact time of
        sunset the whole area stikes up like a symphony due to the sounds of
        insects at this exact moment. Does it affect one's consciousness? It
        certainly connects one to the connection between the life of insects
        and the course of the sun.

        rick distasi