    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2004

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the VIRGIN in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 3  *
      Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
      Der Sommer hat an mich
      Sich selber hingegeben.

      There is muffled Autumnally
      The Senses' streaming Charms;
      In Light-Revealings is mingled
      The Fog's musty Veil.
      I myself see in Space-Widenesses
      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
      The Summer has to me
      Its own self given over.

      This week's mantram:
          Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the warrior Archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.
           This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, September 12th.  Moon Virgo.  Tobias.

      Monday, September 13th. Moon Virgo. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach died.

      Tuesday, September 14th. Moon Virgo. New Moon.  Festival of the High Cross.
             Heraclius, brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople.
             1769 Alexander von Humboldt born.
             1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

      Wednesday, September 15h. Moon Libra. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
               leader).

      Thursday, September 16th. Moon Libra.  1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit died.

      Friday, September 17th. Moon Scorpio. Justinus.

      Saturday, September 18th. Moon Scorpio.
      . Titus (School of Paul).

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 21, 2014
      • 1 Attachment
      • 231 KB

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through Oct. 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

      ******* MANTRA # 23 *******

      Es dämpfet herbstlich sich

      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;

      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen

      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.

      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten

      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.

      Der Sommer hat an mich

      Sich selber hingegeben.

      There is muffled Autumnally

      The Senses' streaming Charms;

      Into Light-Revealings is mingled

      The Fog's musty Veil.

      I myself see in Space-Widths

      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.

      The Summer has to me

      Its own self given over.

[...]

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday September 21st. Moon VIRGO. Matthew (the Evangelist).

      Monday September 22ND. Moon VIRGO. 1452 Savanarola born.

      Tuesday September 23RD. Moo
      n LIBRA.  63 B.C. Augustus born.

      Wednesday September 24TH. Moon LIBRA. NEW MOON.    1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

      Thursday September 25TH. Moon LIBRA.  Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

      Friday
      September 26TH. Moon SCORPIO. Justina, who converted the Cyprian Magicians.

      Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.

      Saturday September 27TH. Moon SCORPIO.  Cosmas and Damian, famous medical

      benefactors of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Low in the west at sunset are reddish Mars in the stars of the Scales and yellowish Saturn beneath it.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

         The waning crescent moon is seen close to bright Jupiter in the east before sunrise Friday and Saturday.