Re: [steiner] Saint Teresa

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2004
      On Sep 5, 2004, at 10:31 PM, Mathew Morrell wrote:

      Does anyone know anything about Saint Teresa?  I have to give a short
      talk on Saint Teresa Wednesday night to my philosophy of religion
      class, and all I've read of Teresa was a chapter from her book.  Can
      someone come through for me?

      Mathew Morrell
      www.kcpost.net

      Mathew, others know far more than I and hopefully can recall sources.
      It seems to me Steiner's somewhat frequent mentions of St. Teresa
      indicate her writings are very beautiful, somewhat sensuous while
      missing out on a deep/true comprehension, that she choose an "inner
      pathway to the spiritual" rather than the outer pathway, thereby
      reaching the spiritual within herself rather than the true Spiritual
      via Christ Jesus. This isn't to say she was without merit, but perhaps
      to highlight some of the differences in these two paths. It seems to me
      I also recall Steiner saying something to the effect that her "ecstasy"
      and unconscious states may have arisen via her inner deeply
      contemplative inner experiences.