    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2004

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events on specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete 'astrosophical' form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the VIRGIN in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 2  *
      Das Lichte aus Weltenweiten,
      Im Innern lebt es kräftig fort:
      Es wird zum Seelenlichte
      Und leuchtet in die Geistestiefen,
      Um Früchte zu entbinden,
      Die Menschenselbst aus Weltenselbst
      Im Zeitenlaufe reifen lassen.

      The Light out of World-Widenesses
      In my Inner being lives as a continuing power;
      It turns into Soul-Light
      And shines in Spirit-deeps,
      The Fruit to unbind,
      That Man's Self out of World's Self
      In Time's course will let ripen.

      This week's mantram:
          That which we have received spiritually from experiencing the Light outside us all summer is now felt as an ongoing power within us, releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self.
          At this time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self Consciousness.
         But at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the warrior Archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage---- for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather awaken.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, September 5th.  Moon Gemini.  Nathaniel (he who in John's
                                       Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

      Monday, September 6th. Moon Gemini. Last Quarter. Zacharias the Prophet.
                                                   1729 Moses Mendelssohn born.
                                                   1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

      Tuesday, September 7th. Moon Cancer. Regina.

      Wednesday, September 8th. Moon Cancer. Birth of Mary.
              Corbinianus, spreader of Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

      Thursday, September 9th. Moon Cancer.  1828 Tolstoy born.

      Friday, September 10th. Moon Leo. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

      Saturday, September 11th. Moon Leo.
      Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net