Soul-Calendar, Week 10 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2004

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      *  M A N T R A  # 1 0 *
      Zu sommerlichen Höhen
      Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
      Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen
      In seine Raumesweiten mit.
      Erahnend regt im Innern sich
      Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,
      Erkennen wirst du einst:
      Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

      To summer-like Heights
      Rises the Sun's Light-filled Essence;
      It draws my human Feeling
      Into the widths of Space with it.
      There anxiously stirs in my Inner self
      Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
      You will realize one day:
      You feel now a God's Essence.

          The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,
      growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out
      with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact
      in the heights of summer.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, June 6th.  Moon Aquarius. Julian the Apostate born 331.

      Monday, June 7th. Moon Aquarius.   Lucian.

      Tuesday, June 8th. Moon Pisces.  Muhammed died 632..

      Wednesday, June 9th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter.  Columban.

      Thursday, June 10th. Moon Aries. Onophrius.

      Friday, June 11th. Moon Aries. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.

      Saturday, June 12th. Moon Taurus.
      Basilides.

        Planets :  Venus has now finished its time as an "evening star" and is no longer visible; it is too close to the sun to be seen and in fact will cross the disk of the sun Tuesday. Yellowish Saturn is still visible above the setting sun in the West for about a half hour after sunset, as well as reddish Mars further above and to the left of it, underneath the twin stars of Gemini, called Castor and Pollux, for a short time in the West after sunset.
          Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen high in the South at sunset and for several hours afterwards, amongst the stars of the Lion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 12, 2004

[...]

        Sunday, June 13th.  Moon Taurus.  Alfred.

        Monday, June 14th. Moon Taurus. Basilius.

        Tuesday, June 15th. Moon Gemini.  Vitus.

        Wednesday, June 16th. Moon Gemini.   Aurelius.

        Thursday, June 17th. Moon Gemini. New Moon. Montanus.

        Friday, June 18th. Moon Cancer.  Markus.

        Saturday, June 19th. Moon Cancer.
          Council of Nicea 325 A.D.

          Planets :  Venus is now no longer visible.  Saturn and Mars, underneath the twin stars of Gemini, Castor and Pollux, are still visible for a short time in the West after sunset.  Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen high in the South at sunset and for a few hours afterwards in the Southwest, amongst the stars of the Lion.

        Dr. Starman

        www.DrStarman.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
          The "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of
          52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events

          days.

          constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era.
          A version of the new symbolic image of the BULL from the original
          Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
          attached to this e-mail, below.

          uses symbolic images, like the Zodiac image (called "Imaginations"), to
          awaken "spiritual sight", and mantras ("Inspirations") to open "spiritual
          hearing."
          experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have
          theirrhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using
          the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go
          from English to German.

          * M A N T R A # 1 0 *
          Zu sommerlichen H�hen
          Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;
          Es nimmt mein menschlich F�hlen
          In seine Raumesweiten mit.
          Erahnend regt im Innern sich
          Empfindung, dumpf mir k�ndend,
          Erkennen wirst du einst:
          Dich f�hle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

          To summer-like Heights
          Rises the Sun�s Light-filled Essence;
          It draws my human Feeling
          Into the widths of Space with it.
          There anxiously stirs in my Inner self
          Sensation, dimly prophesying to me
          You will realize one day:
          You feel now a God�s Essence.

          A partial interpretation:
          The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses,
          growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out
          with it----- and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will
          contact
          in the heights of summer.

          THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

          Sunday, June 10th. Moon Aries. 1509 Calvin born.

          Monday, June 11th. Moon Taurus. Pius I.

          Tuesday, June 12th. Moon Taurus. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.

          Wednesday June 13th. Moon Gemini. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.

          Thursday, June 14th. Moon Gemini. New Moon. 1801 Johannes M�ller (the
          Natural Scientist) born.

          Friday, June 15th. Moon Cancer. The Day that, according to legend, the
          Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to go
          to. 1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

          Saturday, June 16th. Moon Cancer. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
          Venus is a brilliant Evening Star high in the West above the setting sun
          each evening, to the left of the "Twin" stars Castor and Pollux of Gemini.

          To the left of it, Saturn is in the stars of Leo, at the feet of the Lion.

          Bright Jupiter rises in the southeast shortly after sunset, to the left of
          brilliant red Antares, Heart of the Scorpion.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2010
          • 1 Attachment
          • 93 KB
          *******Apologies for sending out this week's Calendar late. -starman

               The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                 ****** *
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

          *  M A N T R A  # 1 0 *

          Zu sommerlichen Höhen

          Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

          Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

          In seine Raumesweiten mit.

          Erahnend regt im Innern sich

          Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

          Erkennen wirst du einst:

          Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

          To summer-like Heights

          Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

          It draws my human Feeling

          Into the widths of Space with it.

          There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

          Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

          You will realize one day:

          You feel now a God’s Essence.

          An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

          The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it. We are now contacting the divine spirit-being through this, and we have a fore-sense of how we will realize this is what happened at this time later on, in the heights of summer.

                                                                ***** ********* ********* *

                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, June 6th Moon Aries. Julian the Apostate born 331.

          Monday,  June 7th. Moon Aries.  Lucian.

          Tuesday,  June 8t. Moon Taurus.  Muhammed died 632.

          Wednesday,   June 9th. Moon Taurus. Columban.

          Thursday,   June 10th. Moon Gemini. Onophrius.

          Friday,    June 11th Moon Gemini. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C.  Roger Bacon died 1294.

          Saturday,    June 12th. Moon Cancer. New Moon. Basilides.

                                                    ***** ****

          PLANETS in the Night Sky:

          Brilliant VENUS is an 'evening star' in the West above the setting sun.

          Reddish MARS is to its left, high in the Western sky at sunset, beneath the stars of the Lion--- currently close to the Lion's heart, the bright star Regulus.

          SATURN is in the south at sunset to the left of Mars, beneath the Lion's tail.

          (Next week, the moon will pass by each planet in turn.)

          Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2011
          • 1 Attachment
          • 57 KB

              Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                                 *******
                      THE ZODIAC IMAGE
             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation GEMINI from June 16th to July 20th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the TWINS from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (yellow) is attached to this e-mail.

          * M A N T R A # 10 *

          Zu sommerlichen Höhen

          Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

          Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

          In seine Raumesweiten mit.

          Erahnend regt im Innern sich

          Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

          Erkennen wirst du einst:

          Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

          To summer-like Heights

          Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

          It draws my human Feeling

          Into the widths of Space with it.

          There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

          Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

          You will realize one day:

          You feel now a God’s Essence.

              An interpretation of the mantra:

               The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this start of summer-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact in the heights of summer.

                  THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

          Sunday, June 26th. Moon TaurusJulian the Apostate died 363 A.D.

          Monday,  June 27th.  Moon Taurus. Phillipina.

          Tuesday, June 28th. Moon Gemini. Leo.

          Wednesday,  June 29thMoon Gemini. Festival of Peter and Paul. Rubens born 1577.

          Thursday,  June 30thMoon Cancer. Festival in Memory of Paul.

          Friday,   July 1st. Moon Cancer. G.W.  Leibnitz born 1646.

          Saturday,   July 2nd. Moon Leo.  1778 Rousseau died.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

          Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus.

          ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
          The brilliant "morning stars" Jupiter and Venus are visible in the east just before sunrise, rising in that order, with dimmer, reddish Mars between them. The waning moon will be near Jupiter before sunrise Sunday morning, near Mars Monday and Tuesday mornings, and near Venus Wednesday and Thursday mornings before disappearing into the sun.

          Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2013

                 The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is below.

            * MANTRA # 10 *

            Zu sommerlichen Höhen

            Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

            Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

            In seine Raumesweiten mit.

            Erahnend regt im Innern sich

            Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

            Erkennen wirst du einst:

            Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

            To summer-like Heights

            Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

            It draws my human Feeling

            Into the widths of Space with it.

            There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

            Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

            You will realize one day:

            You feel now a God’s Essence.

                   Interpretation of the mantra: The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out with it, and we have a fore-sensing of the divine spirit-being we will contact in the heights of summer.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, June 2nd. Moon Aries.  Erasmus.

            Monday, June 3rd. Moon Aries  Clotilde.

            Tuesday, June 4th. Moon Taurus.    Karpasius.

             Wednesday,  June 5th. Moon Taurus.  Boniface (the Apostle to Germany in the 8th century).

            Thursday,  June 6th. Moon Gemini.  Julian the Apostate born 331.

            Friday
             June 7th. Moon Gemini.   Lucian.

            Saturday,  June 8
            th. Moon Gemini. New Moon.   Muhammed died 632.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

               Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset, next to the slightly less bright Jupiter, now disappearing into the sun's glow for a few months.
               Yellowish Saturn is high in the southern sky by midnight. It is reaching its greatest brilliancy, which is not very bright compared to Venus or Jupiter but still makes it stand out near the stars Arcturus and Spica.

            -starman