Re: Colour

  • Micheline
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2004
      > ******* I believe "peach-blossom" was described by Steiner as the
      essential
      > colour of Man, the "red" or "magenta" meaning the color of the
      blood, as
      > opposed to the green of the plant kingdom. It is dimmed down to
      human flesh colour
      > through shining through this ever-changing pattern of black and
      white that
      > makes up our human bodies.

      Would you happen to have a picture of the color, that you could
      post, say in the photo section?

      > In Goethe's colour experiments, there is an opposite spectrum
      obtained
      > by using the prism----rather than the familiar one with red on one
      end and
      > purple or violet at the other and green in the middle, you can get
      one where the
      > blue and yellow shade off into green at either end and the red and
      violet merge
      > into the most intense and brilliant "magenta" in the middle. This
      colour has
      > to do with the human kingdom--- where green is the plant, black
      the mineral
      > and white the animal.
      >
      > Starman

      And what color experiment would that be? Also do you actually have a
      picture of this spectrum, and if so, can you post it?

      Do you have a large collection of Steiner's books? And where would
      you say is the best place to get them? Used would be fine also.

      About mercury, you surely know that there will be a transit (
      Mercury passing between earth and sun) in early June of this year<
      aphenomenon that only occurs every 120th years about, and will also
      happen in 2012 I think: so noone on this Earth has seen it before.

      Do you happen to know what it might mean, and what effect it will
      bring about?

      And also, a few days ago, a comet, and again a comet in future weeks
      (I seem to remember)

      Now, according to Steiner, a comet doesn't observe the rules of the
      solar system, is like expressing forth the forces of the moon if it
      had not separated from earth (or something approaching, an
      exteriorisation of the prior moon forces(?), I would quote Steiner
      directly, but have forgotten from what document.

      Thank you,

      Micheline
    • s
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18, 2004
        How cool and interesting!

        this may be the color you seek =)

        I have a very shiny copper colander hanging on a wall in my kitchen.
        At sunset some of the suns ray's can enter through the front doors and
        windows of my house and due to the angle reach my kitchen. When that
        light reflects off of the copper colander the resultant glowing
        reflection is of a most amazing feels almost healing..... peach
        blossom.

        at least now having read this thread that is what i will call this
        color. Something about the sun reflecting off copper...... ?

        =)
      • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18, 2004

          s wrote:

          How cool and interesting!

            this may be the color you seek =)

          I have a very shiny copper colander hanging on a wall in my kitchen.
          At sunset some of the suns ray's can enter through the front doors and
          windows of my house and due to the angle reach my kitchen. When that
          light reflects off of the copper colander the resultant glowing
          reflection is of a most amazing feels almost healing..... peach
          blossom.

          at least now having read this thread that is what i will call this
          color.  Something about the sun reflecting off copper...... ?

          =)

          What a beautiful description! I wonder if this might have anything to do with the healing qualities of copper? Is it Jupiter that copper is connected with, or am I mixed up here?