Colour

    Message 1 of 4 , May 14 10:04 PM
      In a message dated 5/14/2004 4:17:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sarahfe@... writes:

      Strangely enough this colour is also referred to as magenta, but as far as I
      know it looks nothing like magenta!
      Sarah FE

      ******* I believe "peach-blossom" was described by Steiner as the essential colour of Man, the "red" or "magenta" meaning the color of the blood, as opposed to the green of the plant kingdom. It is dimmed down to human flesh colour through shining through this ever-changing pattern of black and white that makes up our human bodies.
           In Goethe's colour experiments, there is an opposite spectrum obtained by using the prism----rather than the familiar one with red on one end and purple or violet at the other and green in the middle, you can get one where the blue and yellow shade off into green at either end and the red and violet merge into the most intense and brilliant "magenta" in the middle. This colour has to do with the human kingdom--- where green is the plant, black the mineral and white the animal.

      Starman

      >From: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      >Date: 14 May 2004 12:08:40 -0000
      >To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [steiner] Digest Number 764
      >

      >There are 3 messages in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      >1. peach-blossom color
      >From: "Micheline" <minaud00@...>
      >2. Re: peach-blossom color
      >From: LilOleMissy <lilolemissy@...>
      >3. Re: peach-blossom color - training
      >From: "Micheline" <minaud00@...>

      >Message: 1
      >Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 15:35:31 -0000
      >From: "Micheline" <minaud00@...>
      >Subject: peach-blossom color
      >
      >R. Steiner makes many references to this peach-blossom color.
      >
      >What color is it actually? peach like in skin tone or something else?
      >
      >Thank you for any insight provided,
      >
      >Micheline

      >Message: 2
      >Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:36:29 -0700
      >From: LilOleMissy <lilolemissy@...>
      >Subject: Re: peach-blossom color
      >
      >Dear Micheline,
      >
      >As I recall Steiner's description of the peach blossom color, he
      >indicated healthy human skin was the closest color he could compare it
      >to. It is my understanding there actually is nothing on the physical
      >earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may be helpful.
      >
      >Blessings,
      >
      >Sheila
      >
      >On May 13, 2004, at 8:35 AM, Micheline wrote:
      >
      >>R. Steiner makes many references to this peach-blossom color.
      >>
      >>What color is it actually? peach like in skin tone or something else?
      >>
      >>Thank you for any insight provided,

      www.DrStarman.net
    • Micheline
      Message 2 of 4 , May 16 6:28 AM
        > ******* I believe "peach-blossom" was described by Steiner as the
        essential
        > colour of Man, the "red" or "magenta" meaning the color of the
        blood, as
        > opposed to the green of the plant kingdom. It is dimmed down to
        human flesh colour
        > through shining through this ever-changing pattern of black and
        white that
        > makes up our human bodies.

        Would you happen to have a picture of the color, that you could
        post, say in the photo section?

        > In Goethe's colour experiments, there is an opposite spectrum
        obtained
        > by using the prism----rather than the familiar one with red on one
        end and
        > purple or violet at the other and green in the middle, you can get
        one where the
        > blue and yellow shade off into green at either end and the red and
        violet merge
        > into the most intense and brilliant "magenta" in the middle. This
        colour has
        > to do with the human kingdom--- where green is the plant, black
        the mineral
        > and white the animal.
        >
        > Starman

        And what color experiment would that be? Also do you actually have a
        picture of this spectrum, and if so, can you post it?

        Do you have a large collection of Steiner's books? And where would
        you say is the best place to get them? Used would be fine also.

        About mercury, you surely know that there will be a transit (
        Mercury passing between earth and sun) in early June of this year<
        aphenomenon that only occurs every 120th years about, and will also
        happen in 2012 I think: so noone on this Earth has seen it before.

        Do you happen to know what it might mean, and what effect it will
        bring about?

        And also, a few days ago, a comet, and again a comet in future weeks
        (I seem to remember)

        Now, according to Steiner, a comet doesn't observe the rules of the
        solar system, is like expressing forth the forces of the moon if it
        had not separated from earth (or something approaching, an
        exteriorisation of the prior moon forces(?), I would quote Steiner
        directly, but have forgotten from what document.

        Thank you,

        Micheline
      • s
        Message 3 of 4 , May 18 12:49 AM
          How cool and interesting!

          this may be the color you seek =)

          I have a very shiny copper colander hanging on a wall in my kitchen.
          At sunset some of the suns ray's can enter through the front doors and
          windows of my house and due to the angle reach my kitchen. When that
          light reflects off of the copper colander the resultant glowing
          reflection is of a most amazing feels almost healing..... peach
          blossom.

          at least now having read this thread that is what i will call this
          color. Something about the sun reflecting off copper...... ?

          =)
        • LilOleMissy@SBCglobal.net
          Message 4 of 4 , May 18 3:45 AM

            s wrote:

            How cool and interesting!

              this may be the color you seek =)

            I have a very shiny copper colander hanging on a wall in my kitchen.
            At sunset some of the suns ray's can enter through the front doors and
            windows of my house and due to the angle reach my kitchen. When that
            light reflects off of the copper colander the resultant glowing
            reflection is of a most amazing feels almost healing..... peach
            blossom.

            at least now having read this thread that is what i will call this
            color.  Something about the sun reflecting off copper...... ?

            =)

            What a beautiful description! I wonder if this might have anything to do with the healing qualities of copper? Is it Jupiter that copper is connected with, or am I mixed up here?