Re: [steiner] Re: peach-blossom color - training

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14 9:18 AM
      Dear Micheline,

      It seems to me each one of those of us searching from within Anthroposophy
      are led to various
      Steiner works, each according to what we seem to need. For me, I gained
      most of all on my beginning
      pathway through Steiner's "Knowledge of Higher Worlds and its Attainment".
      It is crammed full of exercises
      as is "Occult Science", while others have mentioned "Theosophy" and/or
      "Philosopohy of Freedom" ["Philosophy of Spiritual Activity"] met their
      own personal development best. These are the so-called Basic Books,
      Micheline, and I would personally also add your "Guidance in Esoteric
      Training" as well. Besdies these I've mentioned, I gained very much later
      on from "Threshold of the Spiritual World" and "A Path to Self Knowledge"
      and it just seems to me each one of us more or less approaches what is
      needed by oneself from varying directions. I realize I'm not being very
      helpful listing so many Basic Books, and others may have better insight
      than I. "Knowledge of Higher Worlds..." is, to me, a conversation of sorts
      between Steiner and myself, as though he took me by the hand and guided me
      in freedom. The online elibrary did have free downloads of most of these
      Basic Books, if not all, and that may be a thought, too.

      Best,

      Sheila

      >> Training-initiation
      >>
      >> Has anyone on this group participated (or
      >> participates) in some form
      >> of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in
      >> 'Guidance in
      >> esoteric training'?
      >>
      >> Are there more documents of this nature? like a
      >> second, third....
      >> part available on the Internet?
      >>
      >> I should like some guidance upon embarking in that
      >> form of training.
      >>
      >> I have previously done some yoga work, and also some
      >> training 'G.D.
      >> magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.
      >>
      >> I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic
      >> concepts now, and
      >> wish very much to take up an active role.
      >>
      >> Thank you,
      >>
      >> Micheline Naud
    • Social Artist
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14 9:52 AM
        I believe there is a description of this color in a
        published collection of some of his lectures on color.
        As I recall, it is described approximately as the
        color achieved when a red light shines on an ever
        undulating field of black and white.

        --- Micheline <minaud00@...> wrote:
        > Thanks, Sheila
        >

        > Yes, it helps, now I seem to remember an indication
        > of it, but not
        > in what document.
        >

        > > As I recall Steiner's description of the peach
        > blossom color, he
        > > indicated healthy human skin was the closest color
        > he could
        > compare it
        > > to. It is my understanding there actually is
        > nothing on the
        > physical
        > > earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may
        > be helpful.
        >

        > Training-initiation
        >
        > Has anyone on this group participated (or
        > participates) in some form
        > of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in
        > 'Guidance in
        > esoteric training'?
        >
        > Are there more documents of this nature? like a
        > second, third....
        > part available on the Internet?
        >
        > I should like some guidance upon embarking in that
        > form of training.
        >
        > I have previously done some yoga work, and also some
        > training 'G.D.
        > magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.
        >
        > I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic
        > concepts now, and
        > wish very much to take up an active role.
        >
        > Thank you,
        >
        > Micheline Naud

        http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
      • Micheline
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16 7:05 AM
          Thank you Sheila,

          I first got acquainted with Steiner's works maybe 10-15 years ago.
          Finally, I thought, someone who can explain in clear, comprehending
          thoughts/images/sentences.

          I discontinued for a while, exploring other avenues, but now I have
          come back to Steiner.

          It's like now, I read him with a new level of comprehension,
          perspective, like before, I grasped intellectually mostly, but now,
          it is as if it is enlightening more of me, I get more substance, a
          deeper level of understanding, and have now started trying to adjust
          my exterior behavior accordingly, from this new perspective, this
          new level of apprehension/understanding: that does not come easily,
          nor often, and only for brief periods of time: but the richness that
          it adds to life compels me to study ever more the system of
          Anthroposophy. I have started practicing some of the exercises: like
          the one just before sleeping, the retrospective. I will try soon to
          add the meditations

          Does a phonetic version of the 8 meditations (in german) exists?

          Do you yourself practice?

          I have reread parts of 'Occult Science' with a much greater
          focus/attention and have gained in insight, particularly Cosmology.

          Try not to be taken aback by my personalised way of using the
          english language, my mother tongue is french. (or spelling!)

          My best to you,

          Micheline Naud