Re: peach-blossom color - training

  • Micheline
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2004
      Thanks, Sheila

      Yes, it helps, now I seem to remember an indication of it, but not
      in what document.

      > As I recall Steiner's description of the peach blossom color, he
      > indicated healthy human skin was the closest color he could
      compare it
      > to. It is my understanding there actually is nothing on the
      physical
      > earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may be helpful.

      Training-initiation

      Has anyone on this group participated (or participates) in some form
      of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in 'Guidance in
      esoteric training'?

      Are there more documents of this nature? like a second, third....
      part available on the Internet?

      I should like some guidance upon embarking in that form of training.

      I have previously done some yoga work, and also some training 'G.D.
      magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.

      I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic concepts now, and
      wish very much to take up an active role.

      Thank you,

      Micheline Naud
    • LilOleMissy
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2004
        Dear Micheline,

        It seems to me each one of those of us searching from within Anthroposophy
        are led to various
        Steiner works, each according to what we seem to need. For me, I gained
        most of all on my beginning
        pathway through Steiner's "Knowledge of Higher Worlds and its Attainment".
        It is crammed full of exercises
        as is "Occult Science", while others have mentioned "Theosophy" and/or
        "Philosopohy of Freedom" ["Philosophy of Spiritual Activity"] met their
        own personal development best. These are the so-called Basic Books,
        Micheline, and I would personally also add your "Guidance in Esoteric
        Training" as well. Besdies these I've mentioned, I gained very much later
        on from "Threshold of the Spiritual World" and "A Path to Self Knowledge"
        and it just seems to me each one of us more or less approaches what is
        needed by oneself from varying directions. I realize I'm not being very
        helpful listing so many Basic Books, and others may have better insight
        than I. "Knowledge of Higher Worlds..." is, to me, a conversation of sorts
        between Steiner and myself, as though he took me by the hand and guided me
        in freedom. The online elibrary did have free downloads of most of these
        Basic Books, if not all, and that may be a thought, too.

        Best,

        Sheila

        >> Training-initiation
        >>
        >> Has anyone on this group participated (or
        >> participates) in some form
        >> of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in
        >> 'Guidance in
        >> esoteric training'?
        >>
        >> Are there more documents of this nature? like a
        >> second, third....
        >> part available on the Internet?
        >>
        >> I should like some guidance upon embarking in that
        >> form of training.
        >>
        >> I have previously done some yoga work, and also some
        >> training 'G.D.
        >> magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.
        >>
        >> I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic
        >> concepts now, and
        >> wish very much to take up an active role.
        >>
        >> Thank you,
        >>
        >> Micheline Naud
      • Social Artist
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2004
          I believe there is a description of this color in a
          published collection of some of his lectures on color.
          As I recall, it is described approximately as the
          color achieved when a red light shines on an ever
          undulating field of black and white.

          --- Micheline <minaud00@...> wrote:
          > Thanks, Sheila
          >

          > Yes, it helps, now I seem to remember an indication
          > of it, but not
          > in what document.
          >

          > > As I recall Steiner's description of the peach
          > blossom color, he
          > > indicated healthy human skin was the closest color
          > he could
          > compare it
          > > to. It is my understanding there actually is
          > nothing on the
          > physical
          > > earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may
          > be helpful.
          >

          > Training-initiation
          >
          > Has anyone on this group participated (or
          > participates) in some form
          > of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in
          > 'Guidance in
          > esoteric training'?
          >
          > Are there more documents of this nature? like a
          > second, third....
          > part available on the Internet?
          >
          > I should like some guidance upon embarking in that
          > form of training.
          >
          > I have previously done some yoga work, and also some
          > training 'G.D.
          > magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.
          >
          > I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic
          > concepts now, and
          > wish very much to take up an active role.
          >
          > Thank you,
          >
          > Micheline Naud

          http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
        • Micheline
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2004
            Thank you Sheila,

            I first got acquainted with Steiner's works maybe 10-15 years ago.
            Finally, I thought, someone who can explain in clear, comprehending
            thoughts/images/sentences.

            I discontinued for a while, exploring other avenues, but now I have
            come back to Steiner.

            It's like now, I read him with a new level of comprehension,
            perspective, like before, I grasped intellectually mostly, but now,
            it is as if it is enlightening more of me, I get more substance, a
            deeper level of understanding, and have now started trying to adjust
            my exterior behavior accordingly, from this new perspective, this
            new level of apprehension/understanding: that does not come easily,
            nor often, and only for brief periods of time: but the richness that
            it adds to life compels me to study ever more the system of
            Anthroposophy. I have started practicing some of the exercises: like
            the one just before sleeping, the retrospective. I will try soon to
            add the meditations

            Does a phonetic version of the 8 meditations (in german) exists?

            Do you yourself practice?

            I have reread parts of 'Occult Science' with a much greater
            focus/attention and have gained in insight, particularly Cosmology.

            Try not to be taken aback by my personalised way of using the
            english language, my mother tongue is french. (or spelling!)

            My best to you,

            Micheline Naud