Re: [steiner] peach-blossom color

  • LilOleMissy
    Message 1 of 6 , May 13, 2004
      Dear Micheline,

      As I recall Steiner's description of the peach blossom color, he
      indicated healthy human skin was the closest color he could compare it
      to. It is my understanding there actually is nothing on the physical
      earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may be helpful.

      Blessings,

      Sheila

      On May 13, 2004, at 8:35 AM, Micheline wrote:

      > R. Steiner makes many references to this peach-blossom color.
      >
      > What color is it actually? peach like in skin tone or something else?
      >
      > Thank you for any insight provided,
      >
      > Micheline

    • Micheline
      Message 2 of 6 , May 14, 2004
        Thanks, Sheila

        Yes, it helps, now I seem to remember an indication of it, but not
        in what document.

        > As I recall Steiner's description of the peach blossom color, he
        > indicated healthy human skin was the closest color he could
        compare it
        > to. It is my understanding there actually is nothing on the
        physical
        > earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may be helpful.

        Training-initiation

        Has anyone on this group participated (or participates) in some form
        of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in 'Guidance in
        esoteric training'?

        Are there more documents of this nature? like a second, third....
        part available on the Internet?

        I should like some guidance upon embarking in that form of training.

        I have previously done some yoga work, and also some training 'G.D.
        magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.

        I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic concepts now, and
        wish very much to take up an active role.

        Thank you,

        Micheline Naud
      • LilOleMissy
        Message 3 of 6 , May 14, 2004
          Dear Micheline,

          It seems to me each one of those of us searching from within Anthroposophy
          are led to various
          Steiner works, each according to what we seem to need. For me, I gained
          most of all on my beginning
          pathway through Steiner's "Knowledge of Higher Worlds and its Attainment".
          It is crammed full of exercises
          as is "Occult Science", while others have mentioned "Theosophy" and/or
          "Philosopohy of Freedom" ["Philosophy of Spiritual Activity"] met their
          own personal development best. These are the so-called Basic Books,
          Micheline, and I would personally also add your "Guidance in Esoteric
          Training" as well. Besdies these I've mentioned, I gained very much later
          on from "Threshold of the Spiritual World" and "A Path to Self Knowledge"
          and it just seems to me each one of us more or less approaches what is
          needed by oneself from varying directions. I realize I'm not being very
          helpful listing so many Basic Books, and others may have better insight
          than I. "Knowledge of Higher Worlds..." is, to me, a conversation of sorts
          between Steiner and myself, as though he took me by the hand and guided me
          in freedom. The online elibrary did have free downloads of most of these
          Basic Books, if not all, and that may be a thought, too.

          Best,

          Sheila

          >> Training-initiation
          >>
          >> Has anyone on this group participated (or
          >> participates) in some form
          >> of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in
          >> 'Guidance in
          >> esoteric training'?
          >>
          >> Are there more documents of this nature? like a
          >> second, third....
          >> part available on the Internet?
          >>
          >> I should like some guidance upon embarking in that
          >> form of training.
          >>
          >> I have previously done some yoga work, and also some
          >> training 'G.D.
          >> magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.
          >>
          >> I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic
          >> concepts now, and
          >> wish very much to take up an active role.
          >>
          >> Thank you,
          >>
          >> Micheline Naud
        • Social Artist
          Message 4 of 6 , May 14, 2004
            I believe there is a description of this color in a
            published collection of some of his lectures on color.
            As I recall, it is described approximately as the
            color achieved when a red light shines on an ever
            undulating field of black and white.

            --- Micheline <minaud00@...> wrote:
            > Thanks, Sheila
            >

            > Yes, it helps, now I seem to remember an indication
            > of it, but not
            > in what document.
            >

            > > As I recall Steiner's description of the peach
            > blossom color, he
            > > indicated healthy human skin was the closest color
            > he could
            > compare it
            > > to. It is my understanding there actually is
            > nothing on the
            > physical
            > > earth which matches it exactly. I so hope this may
            > be helpful.
            >

            > Training-initiation
            >
            > Has anyone on this group participated (or
            > participates) in some form
            > of R. Steiner's practical work, as stipulated in
            > 'Guidance in
            > esoteric training'?
            >
            > Are there more documents of this nature? like a
            > second, third....
            > part available on the Internet?
            >
            > I should like some guidance upon embarking in that
            > form of training.
            >
            > I have previously done some yoga work, and also some
            > training 'G.D.
            > magic and A A Bailey Arcane school.
            >
            > I am starting to grasp (well I think) some basic
            > concepts now, and
            > wish very much to take up an active role.
            >
            > Thank you,
            >
            > Micheline Naud

            http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
          • Micheline
            Message 5 of 6 , May 16, 2004
              Thank you Sheila,

              I first got acquainted with Steiner's works maybe 10-15 years ago.
              Finally, I thought, someone who can explain in clear, comprehending
              thoughts/images/sentences.

              I discontinued for a while, exploring other avenues, but now I have
              come back to Steiner.

              It's like now, I read him with a new level of comprehension,
              perspective, like before, I grasped intellectually mostly, but now,
              it is as if it is enlightening more of me, I get more substance, a
              deeper level of understanding, and have now started trying to adjust
              my exterior behavior accordingly, from this new perspective, this
              new level of apprehension/understanding: that does not come easily,
              nor often, and only for brief periods of time: but the richness that
              it adds to life compels me to study ever more the system of
              Anthroposophy. I have started practicing some of the exercises: like
              the one just before sleeping, the retrospective. I will try soon to
              add the meditations

              Does a phonetic version of the 8 meditations (in german) exists?

              Do you yourself practice?

              I have reread parts of 'Occult Science' with a much greater
              focus/attention and have gained in insight, particularly Cosmology.

              Try not to be taken aback by my personalised way of using the
              english language, my mother tongue is french. (or spelling!)

              My best to you,

              Micheline Naud