Hello!

  • michael
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2000
      an e-card for you, the group!
      click on the photo to go to where it came from

      Hello from here, the group!

      www.montreux.ch

      Sent by michael (mi-chael@...)

      powered by undernet

    • George Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 30 4:45 PM
        Greetings!

        I am George Thomas, currently living in Los Angeles,
        California, on the western coast of the United States.
        I stumbled upon this group after typing "steiner
        verse aquarius" into the Google search engine
        yesterday. I was looking to find a meditation by
        Steiner upon Aquarius. I am now most curious to
        obtain copies (electronically or otherwise) of the
        twelve zodiacal images attached to the first edition
        of the Calendar of the Soul.

        I originally came to Anthroposophy after an uneducated
        reading of "Cosmic Memory" while living in Missoula,
        Montana in 1992. I moved to Eugene, Oregon in 1993
        for the foundation year of the Teacher Training Course
        offered there. I was 20 at the time, and I believe
        one reason I was accepted to participate was that I
        had no immediate plans of being a Waldorf teacher. I
        was the school's janitor in exchange for my tuition.
        What a year and what an experience, the growth of
        which I continue to foster.

        Yours truly-
        George Thomas,
        social_artist@...

        http://personals.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31 7:51 AM
          Greetings!

[...]

          ********Hello George, and I also got your e-mail to me personally asking for the 12 images. I was sending them to the anthroposophic lists as JPEG attachments, and then Jeff sent a virus to people via this one and so it was set to strip attachments. I'm now running into the same problem with other lists---which we have to find a way to surmount, by the way, as it is Ahriman who wants to keep this communication the dead letter, inartistic without images, diagrams, etc.---but anyhow, I started putting some of the Zodiac images on this list's website. I'll gladly put the rest of them there. Forgot how to do it: much easier to send in e-mails, but I'll just go figure it out again.

          The images were done from sketches and indications by Steiner given to Imma von Eckherdstein for the original Calendar of the Soul, and published as part of it in 1912. I have color copies apparently done by Margaret Roessler for anthroposophists some years later. I scanned them in and made them into JPEGs. I sent all 12 to the Anthroposophy Network, and they must have them posted there somewhere. I've done paintings of some of them myself (including Aquarius) and would be happy to discuss them with you if you'd like to do your own. Meantime I'll try to find the time to upload them as files to this group's website.