Soul-Calendar, Week 4 after Easter

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2004

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night, for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th  in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 4 *
      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      "I feel the essence of my essence":
      So speaks Sensation,
      That in the sun-illumined World
      With flooding light becomes one;
      It will join warmth
      To Thinking's Clarity,
      And Man and World
      In oneness bind fast together.

      Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and as we join our cold thinking to the warm reality of the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, May 2nd.  Moon Libra. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

      Monday, May 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

      Tuesday, May 4th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

      Wednesday, May 5th. Moon Sagittarius. Columbus discovers America 1492.

      Thursday, May 6th. Moon Sagittarius.  John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

      Friday, May 7th. Moon Capricorn.  Gottfried.

      Saturday, May 8th. Moon Capricorn.
      . The Prophet Micah. H.P. Blavatsky died 1891.

        Planets :  Brilliant Venus is visible in the West each night above the setting sun, being now an "evening star", as is much dimmer, reddish Mars close above and to the left of it.  A little further up and to the left of Mars is yellowish Saturn. All three are visible in the West for an hour or two after sunset on, beneath the two stars Castor and Pollux of the constellation Gemini. Further eastward, Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" that can be seen high in the South at sunset and for several hours afterwards, setting in the West shortly before midnight.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16 10:02 PM
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era. Here' the symbolic image of the RAM in the original Soul-Calendar:

        (This image represents the human being conscious in both the physical and "above", in the spiritual, as we will be in the next incarnation of the Earth, called "Jupiter." See the recent Steinerbooks re-print of the original "Calendar of the Soul" for more information.)

        This week's mantra.

        * M A N T R A # 4 *
        Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
        So spricht Empfindung,
        Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
        Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
        Sie will dem Denken
        Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
        Und Mensch und Welt
        In Einheit fest verbinden.

        "I feel the essence of my essence":
        So speaks Sensation,
        That in the sun-illumined World
        With flooding light becomes one;
        It will join warmth
        To Thinking's Clarity,
        And Man and World
        In oneness bind fast together.

        An interpretation:
        Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the
        cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it; and,
        as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

                                                    **********************************

        Sunday, April 17th.  Moon Leo.  Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

        Monday, April 18th. Moon Leo.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

        Tuesday, April 19th. Moon Virgo.   Darwin died 1882.

        Wednesday, April 20th. Moon Virgo.  Sulpicius.

        Thursday, April 21st. Moon Libra. Mohammed born 571.

        Friday, April 22nd. Moon Libra.  Kant born 1724.

        Saturday, April 23rd. Moon Scorpio.
        George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shakespeare born 1564.

        Dr. Starman

        P.S. The bright "star" seen near the almost-full moon Friday and Saturday nights is the planet Jupiter.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29 7:00 PM
          The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52

          days.

          constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era.
          A version of the new symbolic image of the RAM from the original
          Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications, is
          attached to this e-mail.

          This week's mantra.
          uses symbolic images like the Zodiac image ("Imaginations") to awaken
          spiritual sight, and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing.
          experience.

          English to German.

          * M A N T R A # 4 *
          Ich f�hle Wesen meines Wesens:
          So spricht Empfindung,
          Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
          Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
          Sie will dem Denken
          Zur Klarheit W�rme schenken
          Und Mensch und Welt
          In Einheit fest verbinden.

          �I feel the essence of my essence�:
          So speaks Sensation,
          That in the sun-illumined World
          With flooding light becomes one;
          It will join warmth
          To Thinking�s Clarity,
          And Man and World
          In oneness bind fast together.

          AN INTERPRETATION OF THIS WEEK'S MANTRA:

          Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the
          world. The returning light makes us feel our inner essence is similar to the
          light; and as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the
          world.

          **********************************

          some of the spiritual figures and events connected with the days.

          Sunday, April 29th. Moon Libra. The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

          Monday, April 30th. Moon Libra. Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the
          mathematician) born 1777.

          Tuesday, May 1st. Moon Scorpio. Walpurgis.

          Wesnesday May 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon. Leonardo da Vinci died 1519.
          Novalis born 1772.

          Thursday, May 3rd. Moon Sagittarius. Empress Helena found the Cross of
          Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

          Friday, May 4th. Moon Sagittarius. Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

          Saturday, May 5th. Moon Sagittarius. Columbus discovers America 1492.

          Dr. Starman

          PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
          Venus is a brilliant Evening Star in the West above the setting sun each
          evening.

          Saturn is high in the sky in the stars of Leo in the southwest at sunset, at
          the feet of and in front of the Lion.

          Bright Jupiter rises in the southeast about an hour after sunset. The
          'waning' moon (just past full) is seen near it Friday and Saturday nights.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13 12:52 PM

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

            These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

            Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form. I have added some details on the planets as well.

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
            A version of a new symbolic image of the RAM (from the original Soul-Calendar, done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications) , is attached to this e-mail.

            * M A N T R A # 4 *

            Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:

            So spricht Empfindung,

            Die in der sonnerhellten Welt

            Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;

            Sie will dem Denken

            Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken

            Und Mensch und Welt

            In Einheit fest verbinden.

            “I feel the essence of my essence”:

            So speaks Sensation,

            That in the sun-illumined World

            With flooding light becomes one;

            It will join warmth

            To Thinking‘s Clarity,

            And Man and World

            In oneness bind fast together.

                Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK

            Sunday, April 13th. Moon Leo.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

            Monday, April 14th. Moon Leo.  Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born1629.

            Tuesday, April 15th. Moon Virgo.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

            Wednesday April 16th. Moon Virgo.     Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

            Thursday, April 17th. Moon Libra.  Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

            Friday, April 18th. Moon Libra.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

            Saturday, April 19th. Moon Libra.
             Darwin died 1882.

            PLANETS IN THE NIGHT & MORNING SKY (Northern Hemisphere):

               MARS is on the meridian at sunset (close to directly overhead), near the foot of Castor (one of the Twins of Gemini).

                Yellowish SATURN is in the southeast at sunset, beneath the Lion's Heart, Regulus. It's the bright 'star' seen close to the Moon Tuesday night.

                JUPITER can be seen as a brilliant 'morning star' in the southern sky from shortly after midnight till dawn, next to the stars of the Scorpion.

            Dr. Starman

            www.DrStarman. com (web site under remodeling)

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2011
            • 1 Attachment
            • 47 KB

                Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                                   *******
                        THE ZODIAC IMAGE
               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1sth to June 15th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign (orange) is attached to this e-mail.

            * M A N T R A # 4 *

            Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:

            So spricht Empfindung,

            Die in der sonnerhellten Welt

            Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;

            Sie will dem Denken

            Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken

            Und Mensch und Welt

            In Einheit fest verbinden.

            “I feel the essence of my essence”:

            So speaks Sensation,

            That in the sun-illumined World

            With flooding light becomes one;

            It will join warmth

            To Thinking‘s Clarity,

            And Man and World

            In oneness bind fast together.

            An interpretation of the mantra:

               Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, May 15th. Moon Scorpio.

            Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

            Monday,  May 16th.  Moon Scorpio.

            Sarah. Suzanne.

            Tuesday, May 17th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon.

            Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

            Wednesday,   May 18thMoon Sagittarius.
            Isabella.

            Thursday,  May 19thMoon Sagittarius.

            J.G. Fichte born 1762.

            Friday,   May 20th. Moon Capricorn.

            Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

            Saturday,   May 21st. Moon Aquarius.

            Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

            Dim, yellowish Saturn is in the south at sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. It makes a triangle with the 2 bright stars Spica and Arcturus, to the right of the full moon.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
            The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Mercury, Jupiter and Mars are now also becoming visible, close to the sun just before sunrise.

            Message 6 of 7 , Apr 29 4:11 PM
            • 1 Attachment
            • 14 KB
            [Attachment(s) from Durward Starman included below]

               The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                    THE ZODIAC IMAGE
                The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from Apr. 13th to 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, red, is attached to this e-mail.

             *  M A N T R A  # 4 *

            Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:

            So spricht Empfindung,

            Die in der sonnerhellten Welt

            Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;

            Sie will dem Denken

            Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken

            Und Mensch und Welt

            In Einheit fest verbinden.

            “I feel the essence of my essence”:

            So speaks Sensation,

            That in the sun-illumined World

            With flooding light becomes one;

            It will join warmth

            To Thinking‘s Clarity,

            And Man and World

            In oneness bind fast together.

               Our thinking is drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the
            cosmos. The returning light makes us feel our essence is similar to it, and
            as we join our thinking to the senses, we re-unite it with the world.

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, April 29th. Moon  Leo. First Quarter.   The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

            Monday,  April 30th. Moon Virgo.   Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

            Tuesday, May 1st. Moon Virgo.  Walpurgis.

            Wednesday,  May 2nd. Moon Libra.  Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

            Thursday, May 3rd. Moon Libra. Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

            Friday,  May 4th. Moon Scorpio.  .Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

            Saturday,  May 5th. Moon Scorpio. Columbus discovers America 1492.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

                "Evening star" Venus is high in the west at sunset. Yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, next to the heart of the Lion, Regulus; the half-moon will pass by it Monday and Tuesday nights.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn also rises in the southeast at sunset.; the almost-full moon passes close to it Friday and Saturday nights.

            Message 7 of 7 , Apr 21 7:14 PM
            • 1 Attachment
            • 14 KB

                 The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, red, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

            Sunday, April 21st. Moon Virgo. Mohammed born 571.

            Monday, April 22nd. Moon Virgo. Kant born 1724.

            Tuesday, April 23rd. Moon Libra.   George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shakespeare born 1564.

            Wednesday,  April 24th. Moon Libra.  Sigmund.

            Thursday,  April 25th. Moon Scorpio. Full Moon.  Mark the Evangelist.

            Friday
             April 26th. Moon Scorpio.    Uhland born 1787.

            Saturday,
            April 27th. Moon Sagittarius.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C.   Emerson died 1882.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

               Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. Saturn is the yellowish 'star' seen near the full moon Thursday and Friday nights.

            -Starman.