    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24, 2004
      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the lunar forces), and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the RAM done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      * M A N T R A # 3 *
      Es spricht zum Weltenall,
      Sich Selbst vergessend
      Und seines Urstands eingedenk,
      Des Menschen wachsend Ich:
      In dir, befreiend mich,
      Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,
      Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

      There speaks to the World-All,
      Of Self forgetful
      And of its Primal state one in thinking,
      Man's waxing "I":
      'In you, freeing me
      From my Selfhood's chains,
      I penetrate to my true Essence'.

        The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the Growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2 of how our thinking lost its separated existence by joining with the senses, the plants springing forth and so on. This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction, so to speak, between self and Self, or the little ego and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel these two 'selves' distinctly different, and feel that this deep True Self is now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

         In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the World-All. "In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little
      'self'), I penetrate (plunge down deep into) my True Essence (Being, Self---I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' was the source of it).

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, April 25th.  Moon Cancer.  Mark the Evangelist.

      Monday, April 26th. Moon Leo.   Uhland born 1787.

      Tuesday, April 27th. Moon Leo. First Quarter.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

      Wednesday, April 28th. Moon Leo.   Eusebius.

      Thursday, April 29th. Moon Virgo.  The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

      Friday, April 30th. Moon Virgo.  Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

      Saturday, May 1st. Moon Libra.
      Walpurgis.

        Planets :  Brilliant Venus is visible in the West each night above the setting sun, an "evening star", as is much dimmer, reddish Mars above and to the left of it. Venus is now very close to Mars. Also an "evening star" is yellowish Saturn, which can be seen high in the southwest from sunset on, near the two stars Castor and Pollux of the constellation Gemini. Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" high in the South at sunset, beneath the stars of the Lion.
         The Moon will be seen close to Saturn Sunday night and then close to Jupiter Thursday and Friday nights.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2005

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the FISHES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

        (This image represents the astral or soul "warmth-eggs" that came over from the spiritual world into our Earth to make the beginning of the human form. It was the recapitulation of "ancient Saturn." See the recent Steinerbooks publication of the facsimile of the original 1912 "Calendar of the Soul" for more information.)

        This week's mantra.

        * M A N T R A # 3 *
        Es spricht zum Weltenall,
        Sich Selbst vergessend
        Und seines Urstands eingedenk,
        Des Menschen wachsend Ich:
        In dir, befreiend nich,
        Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,
        Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

        There speaks to the World-All,
        Of Self forgetful
        And of its Primal state one in thinking,
        Man's waxing "I":
        'In you, freeing me
        From my Selfhood's chains,
        I penetrate to my true Essence'.

        About the mantra:
        The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the Growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2, of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the senses (the plants springing forth and so on).

           This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction, so to speak, between self and Self, or the little ego and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel these two 'selves' distinctly different, should feel this deep True Self is now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

           In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the World-All. In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little 'self'), I penetrate (touch down into) my True Essence or Being (I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' was the source of it).

                                                    **********************************

        Sunday, April 10th.  Moon Taurus.  The Prophets Daniel and Ezekiel.

        Monday, April 11th. Moon Gemini.   Leo (Pope that turned back the wave of Attila from Italy).

        Tuesday, April 12th. Moon Gemini.   Zeno.

        Wednesday, April 13th. Moon Gemini.  Justin Martyr (famous Christian writer of the time of Marcus Aurelius).

        Thursday, April 14th. Moon Cancer.  Benedict Huygens, the great Physicist, born1629.

        Friday, April 15th. Moon Cancer.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

        Saturday, April 16th. Moon Leo. First Quarter.
        Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

        Dr. Starman

        P.S. The Moon will be seen close to the planet Saturn on Thursday and Friday nights, near the stars Castor and Pollux, the Twins of Gemini.
        Brilliant Jupiter can be seen in the East from sunset on, above the star Spica, the Ear of Corn or Wheat held by the Virgin.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2006
            The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the BULL in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

          This week's mantra.

          * M A N T R A # 3 *
          Es spricht zum Weltenall,
          Sich Selbst vergessend
          Und seines Urstands eingedenk,
          Des Menschen wachsend Ich:
          In dir, befreiend nich,
          Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,
          Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

          There speaks to the World-All,
          Of Self forgetful
          And of its Primal state one in thinking,
          Man's waxing "I":
          'In you, freeing me
          From my Selfhood's chains,
          I penetrate to my true Essence'.

          An interpretation:
            The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the Growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2 of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the senses, the plants springing forth and so on.

             This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction, so to speak, between self and Self, or the little ego and the True Self: the true "I" within us (meaning the Primal Individuality we have within) now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. In using these first 4 lines one should feel these two 'selves' distinctly different--- should feel this deep True Self is now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday "self."

             In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the World-All. "In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little 'self'), I penetrate ('dig down deep into') my True Essence" (Being, Self---I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' is the source of it).

                                                      **********************************

          Sunday, April 30th.  Moon Gemini.  Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

          Monday, May 1st. Moon Cancer.
          Walpurgis.

          Tuesday, May 2nd. Moon Cancer.
          Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

          Wednesday, May 3rd. Moon Leo.
          Empress Helena found the Cross of Christ in Jerusalem 326 A.D.

          Thursday, May 4th. Moon Leo.
          Monica, mother of Augustine dies 387 A.D.

          Friday, May 5th. Moon Leo. First Quarter.
          Columbus discovers America 1492.

          Saturday, May 6th. Moon Virgo.
          John, writer of the Gospel and the Apocalypse.

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 26, 2009
            The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

            Dr. Rudolf Steiner
            gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.
            A version (done by Margaret Roessler in the color of the sign, red) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) is attached to this e-mail.

            * M A N T R A # 3 *

            Es spricht zum Weltenall,

            Sich Selbst vergessend

            Und seines Urstands eingedenk,

            Des Menschen wachsend Ich:

            In dir, befreiend nich,

            Aus meiner Eigenheiten Fessel,

            Ergründ ich mein echtes Wesen.

            There speaks to the World-All,

            Of Self forgetful

            And of its Primal state one in thinking,

            Man’s waxing “I”:

            ‘In you, freeing me

            From my Selfhood’s chains,

            I penetrate to my true Essence’.

               An interpretation based on working with the mantra:

                The spring is the time when we change from an inner "self-consciousness" to outer "nature-consciousness". Verse 1 (we always start at Easter) spoke of how the Sun and the growth in the outer world of Nature spoke to our senses and joined us to the Spirit that calls forth this new life--- verse 2 of how our thinking loses its separated existence by joining with the senses, the plants springing forth and so on.

               This week continues the theme of 'forgetting oneself': the first 4 lines point to a distinction between self and Self, or the little ego

            and the True Self: the true "I" within us now seeks to 'speak' to the World-All, forgetful of the everyday 'self'. This means the Primal

            Individuality we have within. In using these first 4 lines one should feel these two 'selves' distinctly different,  feel this deep True Self is

            now connecting with the World, forgetful of the everyday self.

               In doing so, that true Primal Self 'speaks' the last 3 lines to the World: one should recite these with the real feeling of speaking them to the

            World-All. In you, freeing me from my selfhood's chains (meaning the little 'self'), I penetrate (dig down deep into) my True Essence (Being, Self---I use 'essence' because the German word 'Wesen' is the source of it).

            THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, April 26th. Moon Gemini.  Uhland born 1787.

            Monday, April 27th. Moon Gemini.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

            Tuesday, April 28th. Moon Cancer.   Eusebius.

            Wednesday, April 29th. Moon Cancer.   The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

            Thursday, April 30th. Moon Leo.  Seneca assassinated 65 A.D. Gauss (the mathematician) born 1777.

            Friday, May 1st. Moon Leo. First Quarter.  Walpurgis.

            Saturday, May 2nd. Moon Leo.  Leonardo da Vinci died 1519. Novalis born 1772.

            PLANETS: Saturn is visible in the East from sunset on, beneath the stars of the Lion.

            Starman

            Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.