    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2004

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

        Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. We start our "new year" with the first verse today, on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month, to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the lunar forces), and a list of people and events connected with specific days.  Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the RAM done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

      This week's mantra.
          For those not familiar with the use of mantras: The anthroposophic path uses symbolic im-ages like the above ("Imaginations") to awaken spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

      * M A N T R A #  2 *
      Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
      Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
      Es finden Geisteswelten
      Den Menschensprossen wieder,
      Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
      Doch seine Seelenfrucht
      In sich muss finden.

      In outer World of the Senses
      Thinking's might loses its Self-existence;
      The Spiritual Worlds find
      The offspring of Man again,
      Whose seed is in them
      But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
      Within itself.

          The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
      our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking
      thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is
      the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

                                          **********************************

      Sunday, April 18th.  Moon Aries.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

      Monday, April 19th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Darwin died 1882.

      Tuesday, April 20th. Moon Taurus.  Sulpicius.

      Wednesday, April 21st. Moon Gemini. Mohammed born 571.

      Thursday, April 22nd. Moon Gemini. Kant born 1724.

      Friday, April 23rd. Moon Gemini.    George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.

      Saturday, April 24th. Moon Cancer.
      Sigmund.

        Planets :  Brilliant Venus is visible in the West each night above the setting sun, an "evening star", as is much dimmer, reddish Mars above and to the left of it. Venus will be close to Mars all during April. Also an "evening star" is yellowish Saturn, which can be seen high in the south from sunset on, to the right of the two stars Castor and Pollux of the constellation Gemini, moving Westward to set with them about midnight. Jupiter is the brilliant white "star" in the East, beneath the stars of the Lion.

      Dr. Starman

      www.DrStarman.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2005

        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the FISHES in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

        This week's mantra.

        * M A N T R A #  2 *
        Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
        Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
        Es finden Geisteswelten
        Den Menschensprossen wieder,
        Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
        Doch seine Seelenfrucht
        In sich muss finden.

        In outer World of the Senses
        Thinking's might loses its Self-existence;
        The Spiritual Worlds find
        The offspring of Man again,
        Whose seed is in them
        But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
        Within itself.

        An Interpretation of this week's mantra:

           The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
        our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking
        thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is
        the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

                                                    **********************************

        Sunday, April 3rd.  Moon Aquarius.  The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

        Monday, April 4th. Moon Aquarius.  Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

        Tuesday, April 5th. Moon Pisces.  Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264). Volta died 1827.

        Wednesday, April 6th. Moon Pisces.  Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon in 2nd century. Raphael born 1483. Dürer died 1528.

        Thursday, April 7th. Moon Aries.  Egesippus (Christian writer of the second century in Rome).

        Friday, April 8th. Moon Aries. New Moon.  Wilhelm von Humboldt died 1835.

        Saturday, April 9th. Moon Taurus.
          Mary Cleophas (who with Mary of Magdala and the Mother of Jesus in John's Gospel was present at the Crucifixion). Theophilus (Bishop of Alexandria in the 5th century). Francis Bacon of Verulam died 1626.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 23, 2006

          The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday.

             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th through 30th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the RAM in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

          This week's mantra.

          * M A N T R A #  2 *
          Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls
          Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;
          Es finden Geisteswelten
          Den Menschensprossen wieder,
          Der seinen Keim in ihnen,
          Doch seine Seelenfrucht
          In sich muss finden.

          In outer World of the Senses
          Thinking's might loses its Self-existence;
          The Spiritual Worlds find
          The offspring of Man again,
          Whose seed is in them
          But who must find its Soul-Fruit,
          Within itself.

          A partial interpretation of the mantra:

             The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by
          our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them.
             Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this IS
          the spiritual world itself finding ITSELF through US.

          Sunday, April 23rd.  Moon Pisces.  George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shaespeare born 1564.

          Monday, April 24th. Moon Pisces.  Sigmund.

          Tuesday, April 25th. Moon Aries.  Mark the Evangelist.

          Wednesday, April 26th. Moon Aries.  Uhland born 1787.

          Thursday, April 27th. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Tertullian (famous Church teacher of the 3rd century). Socrates born 470 B.C. Emerson died 1882.

          Friday, April 28th. Moon Taurus.  Eusebius.

          Saturday, April 29th. Moon Gemini.
           The Virgin of Orleans frees Orleans 1429.

          Happy St. George's Day all! Slay your dragon!