Traditional Astrology

  • Pierre Gringoire
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004

          A few months ago I asked a question about what was available in the way of reliable information about astrology from non-anthroposophical sources.  I have been looking into this and thought I might post my findings here on this list for anyone who might be interested.

          There is little doubt that, for anyone grounded in Anthroposophy, Elisabeth Vreede's book "Anthroposophy and Astrology" is well worth the read.  For me, it was one of the most informative of all the books I have read on the subject, and shed genuine light on many questions I had about astrology.

          Even so, a rounded view of the subject would have to acknowledge that what is called 'traditional astrology' exists in the world and has some considerable influence on the way the subject is perceived and treated.  Consequently what will follow will be, over the coming days, a series of book reviews of traditional or non-anthroposophical sources of astrology.  Anyone who isn't interested can always hit the delete button.