Fwd: Creating the events of our life and research for a book

  • Alexandre
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21 11:30 PM
      --- In rosicruciansophia@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Auen" <pacbay@c...>
      wrote:
      Great research project. This stimulated the following:

      There is one assumption that may need some expansion though, in my
      opinion. In many modern spiritual perspectives, mainly the New Age
      hybrid philosophies, there is an strong emphasis on how we create
      our "own reality" through our thinking, feeling, imagination, and
      actions. Though this is generally true, we also know (as mentioned in
      the post) that much of our life is pre-planned or designed before we
      are born (between lives) and also at night when we sleep in an
      unconscious state.

      There is another emerging body of knowledge (coming from modern
      esoteric sources) that karma and choice is greatly interactive and
      more fluid than we may think. We firstly have our personal angelic
      connection and then cosmic interactions with a host of lower and
      upper beings from the spiritual Hierarchies- Angels, Archangels,
      Archai, Seraphim, etc.

      Before prescribing all events in one's life experience to our own
      choosing, it may be helpful to study and meditate on the complex
      interactive relationships we have with the spiritual hierarchies.
      There are several sources that speak about this process, the best I
      think is the work of Rudolf Steiner on the Hierarchies and their work
      with the earth and our evolution. Max Heindel also speaks of this is
      brief form in his main text on metaphysics of creation
      (Rosicrucian.com and Steinerbooks.com). There are also vivid
      descriptions of this interactions found in many near death books of
      the afterlife. Howard Storm's, My Descent into Darkness is a classic
      describing his near death experience ( he was an egotist and an
      atheist by his own admission). He describes soul shattering
      experiences he had to endure facing and confronting other beings in
      the afterlife as the result of his attitudes and behaviors on earth.
      Swedenborg touched on it in a oblique way as well. The truth is that
      we may actually "create" or influence much less of our lives then we
      think. Habit, pre-existing unconscious cultural conditioning, and the
      influence of psychic forces upon us may be greater than we think.
      Gurdjieff, though not a seer in the strict sense, attacked human
      condition fiercely. He contended that most of our lives are actually
      lived from habitual, robotic and mechanical operations of our own
      making and that of our organism and "soul". Though there may be grand
      plan for each of us, often our choices are not made with full clarity
      or consciousness of this plan. This is yet another issue to consider
      in the light of spiritual psychology and life events and choices.

      Jeff
      From: "reachme834" <reachme834@y...>
      Date: Thu Feb 5, 2004 10:41 am
      Subject: Writer seeks people to interview for book

      To members of the community:

      Please allow me to introduce myself.

      I am a former journalist (Life magazine, U.S. News & World Report,
      many others) who is writing a book about how souls design their
      lives
      prior to incarnation.

      I believe that many of the major challenges we face in life were
      chosen by our souls prior to birth, presumably for the growth and
      learning that would result from the experience. I am interested in
      speaking with people who know (or at least have some insightful
      thoughts about) why their soul chose to face the life challenges
      they
      have faced.

      This project is a wonderful opportunity for people to share stories
      that may inspire and help others who face similar challenges.

      If you might like to be interviewed, or for more information, please
      contact me DIRECTLY at reachme834@y..., as I do not receive
      messages from this group.

      I expect to be working on this project well into 2005, so please
      feel
      free to contact me even in the "distant" future.

      Thank you.

      Robert

      ------
      > Yahoo! GeoCities: 15MB de espaço grátis para criar seu web
      site!

      of
      Service.

      Service.