Re: [steiner] horoscope questions

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2004
      zwalker@... writes:

      Dear Starman,
                 Thank you so much for your response! We are in agreement about many things. At least to start off with.   I came to astrology first, then Steiner. I seemed to have had my own inner experience from the beginning in astrology.  Somehow I just knew the planets were the homes of the gods. It was  much more than just calculations and numbers. I developed my own “system” based on my own intuition….and have like you, been helped by what I find in RS’s writings.  While there is still much ahrimanic and luciferic influence in how astrology is practiced today, that does not mean astrology itself is not in the process of evolution, and cannot serve the world.    That’s how I see it, anyway.  I use primarily Tropical astrology for readings also.  Sometimes someone will ask for a Sidereal reading (calling it “anthroposophical”!!!!!!)  and sometimes that really works well, in that it helps the person. Mostly the Tropical system “works”.

      ********I agree.

      ******I haven't read it, but he's right.

      ********Not all do. Compare the "scientific" head-oriented ones to the artistic ones, say the eurythmists. Have you ever studied the planets and signs through their eurythmy gestures? But you are all too correct that many anthroposophists take up spiritual science with just logic, logic, logic, and kill their own intuitive senses. Then they resent others who have them. I think the Theosophists were too right-brained, as we would say today, and Steiner lectured the way he did in the early days to ground them. People really should not read too many lectures of Steiner's, but rather read them when there's something practical they can do with the knowledge. Remember he didn't want them written down. People who read them will go off zealously denouncing Yoga, for instance, with little or no experience of it, condemning an abstraction. I know a lady who had vivid psychic and prophetic dreams and demonstrated them to anthropops who were saying like rigid Freudians that all dreams are just echoes of daily life and therefore unimportant. They refused to acknowledge her demonstartions because their dogma said it couldn't be----dogma which, by the way, they got from reading one slice of Steiner and overlooking his many other indications.

      *******No real spiritual scientist would.

      ******Yes, and it gives us just a glimpse of what's really involved in understanding the intersecting cycles of the spiritual and astral worlds.

      *******It explains how you can sense Pisces traits or Aquarius traits in a person without calculating a horoscope for them, and why, even when one is done, there may be no planets found in Pisces or Aquarius. And that's what we're striving for, direct perception, not calculation.

           >>    I have found –and I think this is rather astounding- that astrology can be a vehicle for turning people on to Steiner!  When I teach astrology, it is my own thing…. and yet I feel my underlying goal is to awaken others to the great benefit of Rudolf Steiner’s ideas.
                 I find tremendous “hints” to the future of astrology in Steiner’s books- particularly (for me right now) " Man, Hieroglyph of the Universe."  If we could but figure  out what he was pointing us to…..it could be incredible! I mentioned before the 3 planes of thinking, feeling, willing – and how they show up in the zodiac. Do you have any thoughts, intuitions, insights about this?  Perhaps you have places where you are working out the hints……  That seems to me to be the work for us today.  What do you think?

      *******We'll start with thinking. The other two will come later.

      PS: thanks for the pictures of the sky- I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams how you draw that on your computer!!!  Always good to see.
      Suzanne

      *******Well, I use Microsoft Paint and artistic feeling. I've had some 15 years of practice with the former, and 500 years of the latter. ;->