Re: [steiner] Approaches to the Zodiac

  • dcf330@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2004
      Hey Pierre, I highly recommend The Holy Science by Sri Yukteswar.  It has very useful information on the movement of the sun through the zodiac over its 24,000 year period of revolution.  According to the information given in the book, I can only see how it relates to two of the items on your list:  the seasons, and the period of the 24-hour day. The 24-hour day could be considered a microcosm of the 24,000 year period of the sun's revolution.  The darkest periods of the sun's movement through the zodiac are Kali Yuga and Dwapara Yuga and together they make up three tenths of the total period of revolution which, when applied to the 24-hour day would signify that the sleeping hours comprise 7.2 hours. The issue of how it would relate to the seasons is a lot more complicated.