more reverence

  • alwynriver
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2003
      From true and false paths in spiritual investigation by Rudolf
      steiner

      …By day then,
      we can look down upon the growing plantcover of the Earth
      as something that fills our heart with inward joy and exultation.
      We can then look up at night
      and see the canopy of heaven that appeared so blue by day
      now studded with shining sparkling stars.
      We rejoice inwardly at the celestial beauty that is revealed to our
      soul….

      …But what did I really see ?—
      Then we look up at the starry hosts of heaven.

      To the emptied, waking consciousness,
      the consciousness emptied of all earthly content,
      the stars do more than merely shine and sparkle,
      they assume the most varied forms,

      for there, in the higher spheres,
      is a wondrous world of quintessential being
      —everywhere movement and flux, grand, mighty, sublime.
      Before this spectacle we bow our heads
      in grateful reverence and reverent gratitude,
      acknowledging its sublimity.

      …We have reached the mid-stage of Initiation.

      …The stars are the dewdrops of this cosmic world and the plants
      are
      its reflected image.
      Their appearance is not their reality;
      in their manifestation here on Earth they are not even an entity,
      but, in relation to the endlessly manifold richness of that world of
      transcendence
      from whence shine forth the separate stars like dewdrops, simply a
      reflected image.
      And now we discover that, as human beings,
      we bear within us that which is the real being of the plants in the
      higher spheres.
      We bring down into this mirrored life what the plants leave behind
      in the world of spirit,
      for the plant-beings live in that world and send down to Earth their
      reflected images
      and the Earth fills them with earthly substance.

      We men bring our soul-nature, which also belongs to that higher
      world, into this world of images.
      We are not mere images, but we are also spiritual beings of soul
      here on Earth.

      Apologies for not having posted much but I am still taking part of
      this study and am following it actively.
      (As Steiner emphasises we need to bear in mind thoughts and feelings
      are realities).
      Alwyn