hello

  • Michael Knaak
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2000
      Montreux, Switzerland

      new to the group since last night - here a short introduction.

      Born into an anthroposoph. family - Christian Community - Camphill N.Ireland (seminar for curative education) - speech and drama (Stuttgart and Dornach) - Youth Section - Lukas Klinik (therapy) -
      right now very much involved with the questions of the "red" race.

      michael

    • Duncan Fernando
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 6, 2000
        Hi Michael,
               Welcome to the group. Your reference to the "red" race is interesting,
        I am not sure what that is. I hope you will join us in our 12 Nights study
        event.
                    Sena

        new to the group since last night - here a short introduction.

        Born into an anthroposoph. family - Christian Community - Camphill N.Ireland (seminar for curative education) - speech and drama (Stuttgart and Dornach) - Youth Section - Lukas Klinik (therapy) -
        right now very much involved with the questions of the "red" race.

        michael

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

      • jla

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 6, 2000

             Hi Michael,      I am reading a book, "The Song of the Star," written by a Zulu Sangoma, Mutwe Credo that speaks of an antediluvian race, the first race as red.  I also have several
            Ethiopian paintings of Micha-el that depict him as red.
            Any connection?

            Morgan

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 7, 2000
              Hi Morgan,
              thank you for your information. Think you are at home in the UK?
              I havn't read the book you mention... sounds interesting. But as my mother tongue is german... you know.. it takes always some courage to read a book in english.
              There are many ideas refering to the coming about of races. I am familiar with Steiners informations. Red usually points to the mongolian race (Mars)... but as such red has always been used in connection with native americans. redskins... a word they don't like, of course "we are not red, but white people when they get sunburned are red...".
              Would I find the ethipian pictures of Michael somewhere on the net?
              michael

              Morgan Vierheller schrieb:

               Hi Michael,      I am reading a book, "The Song of the Star," written by a Zulu Sangoma, Mutwe Credo that speaks of an antediluvian race, the first race as red.  I also have several
              Ethiopian paintings of Micha-el that depict him as red.
              Any connection?

              Morgan

              right now very much involved with the questions of the "red" race.

              michael

              Post to steiner@egroups.com

              Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

            • Danny F.
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 7, 2000
                --- Michael Knaak <mi-chael@...> wrote:
                > Hi Morgan,
                > thank you for your information. Think you are at home in the UK?
                > I havn't read the book you mention... sounds interesting. But as my
                > mother tongue is german... you know.. it takes always some courage to
                > read a book in english.
                > There are many ideas refering to the coming about of races. I am
                > familiar with Steiners informations. Red usually points to the
                > mongolian
                > race (Mars)... but as such red has always been used in connection
                > with
                > native americans. redskins... a word they don't like, of course "we
                > are
                > not red, but white people when they get sunburned are red...".
                > Would I find the ethipian pictures of Michael somewhere on the net?
                > michael

                Here is an interesting website that has been revamped, and now include
                a very nice 'Anthroposophy' section.

                You might also find your 'Michael' Michael, haven't check yet...

                http://www.celtoslavica.de/

                Best regards,
                Danny

                =====
                "No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings."
                --William Blake

                http://shopping.yahoo.com/
              • Michael Knaak
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 7, 2000

                  --- Michael Knaak <mi-chael@...> wrote:
                  > Hi Morgan,
                  > thank you for your information. Think you are at home in the
                  UK?
                  > I havn't read the book you mention... sounds interesting. But
                  as my
                  > mother tongue is german... you know.. it takes always some courage
                  > read a book in english.
                  > There are many ideas refering to the coming about of races. I
                  am
                  > familiar with Steiners informations. Red usually points to the
                  > mongolian
                  > race (Mars)... but as such red has always been used in connection
                  > with
                  > native americans. redskins... a word they don't like, of course
                  "we
                  > are
                  > not red, but white people when they get sunburned are red...".
                  > Would I find the ethipian pictures of Michael somewhere on the
                  net?
                  > michael

                  Here is an interesting website that has been revamped, and now include
                  a very nice 'Anthroposophy' section.

                  You might also find your 'Michael' Michael, haven't check yet...

                  http://www.celtoslavica.de/

                  Best regards,
                  Danny

                  what an interesting website, Danny.
                  Haven't found "red-Michael", but doesn't matter..
                  Here is maybe an interesting picture for you: Isis temple in the Arizona:
                                  www.hitthetrail.com/mikespages/isis.htm
                  michael

                  =====

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 7, 2000
                    --- Michael Knaak <mi-chael@...> wrote:

                    > --- Michael Knaak <mi-chael@...> wrote:
                    > > Hi Morgan,
                    > > thank you for your information. Think you are at home in the UK?
                    > > I havn't read the book you mention... sounds interesting. But as my
                    > > mother tongue is german... you know.. it takes always some courage
                    > > read a book in english.
                    > > There are many ideas refering to the coming about of races. I am
                    > > familiar with Steiners informations. Red usually points to the
                    > > mongolian
                    > > race (Mars)... but as such red has always been used in connection
                    > > with
                    > > native americans. redskins... a word they don't like, of course "we
                    > > are
                    > > not red, but white people when they get sunburned are red...".
                    > > Would I find the ethipian pictures of Michael somewhere on the net?
                    > > michael
                    >

                    > Here is an interesting website that has been revamped, and now
                    > include
                    > a very nice 'Anthroposophy' section.
                    >
                    > You might also find your 'Michael' Michael, haven't check yet...
                    >
                    > http://www.celtoslavica.de/
                    >

                    > Best regards,
                    > Danny
                    >
                    > what an interesting website, Danny.
                    > Haven't found "red-Michael", but doesn't matter..
                    > Here is maybe an interesting picture for you: Isis temple in the
                    > Arizona:
                    > www.hitthetrail.com/mikespages/isis.htm
                    > michael

                    A wonder!

                    Who made that???
                    When?

                    Best regards,
                    Danny

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 7, 2000
                      Danny, just check the website    http://www.hitthetrail.com/mikespages/isis.htm
                       go forward or back, just as you like...
                      michael
                      "Danny F." schrieb:

                      --- Michael Knaak <mi-chael@...> wrote:

                      > --- Michael Knaak <mi-chael@...> wrote:
                      > > Hi Morgan,
                      > > thank you for your information. Think you are at home in the UK?
                      > > I havn't read the book you mention... sounds interesting. But as my
                      > > mother tongue is german... you know.. it takes always some courage
                      > > read a book in english.
                      > > There are many ideas refering to the coming about of races. I am
                      > > familiar with Steiners informations. Red usually points to the
                      > > mongolian
                      > > race (Mars)... but as such red has always been used in connection
                      > > with
                      > > native americans. redskins... a word they don't like, of course "we
                      > > are
                      > > not red, but white people when they get sunburned are red...".
                      > > Would I find the ethipian pictures of Michael somewhere on the net?
                      > > michael
                      >

                      > Here is an interesting website that has been revamped, and now
                      > include
                      > a very nice 'Anthroposophy' section.
                      >
                      > You might also find your 'Michael' Michael, haven't check yet...
                      >
                      > http://www.celtoslavica.de/
                      >

                      > Best regards,
                      > Danny
                      >
                      > what an interesting website, Danny.
                      > Haven't found "red-Michael", but doesn't matter..
                      > Here is maybe an interesting picture for you: Isis temple in the
                      > Arizona:
                      >                 www.hitthetrail.com/mikespages/isis.htm
                      > michael

                      A wonder!

                      Who made that???
                      When?

                      Best regards,
                      Danny

                      =====

                    • macannadh@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 6, 2001
                        Hello: Just found the group...will try to contribute
                        intelligently...Dennis
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 9, 2001
                          In a message dated 9/6/2001 10:27:48 PM, macannadh@... writes:

                          << Hello: Just found the group...will try to contribute
                          intelligently...Dennis >>

                          *******Is anybody still on this list? Where's all you folks who did the study
                          of St. John together here at New Year's? Nothing to say?
                        • Charlie Morrison
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 9, 2001
                            I've just returned from a trip to Edinburgh and I'm trying desperately to catch up with all the E-mails in my inbox. (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

                            Anyway, greetings to you, Dennis and hello again Dr Starman. Your Soul-Calendar posts are still an inspiation to me.

                            warm regards,
                            charlie.
                            << Hello: Just found the group...will try to contribute
                            intelligently...Dennis >>

                            *******Is anybody still on this list? Where's all you folks who did the study
                            of St. John together here at New Year's? Nothing to say?

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Start here...

                            Height:
                            345678 ft 01234567891011in

                            Weight:
                            lbs. kg.

                            Post to steiner@egroups.com

                            Search the archives of the group at:

                            Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 10, 2001
                              >>I've just returned from a trip to Edinburgh and I'm trying desperately to
                              catch up with all the E-mails in my inbox. (that's my excuse and I'm sticking
                              to it).
                              Anyway, greetings to you, Dennis and hello again Dr Starman. Your
                              Soul-Calendar posts are still an inspiation to me.
                              warm regards,
                              charlie.

                              *******Well, in case you didn't see my post, there's a new list called "RudolfSteiner101" where we're going to start posting basic anthroposophy from the basic books at Michaelmas. All are welcome to join---it's also at yahoogroups. Hopefully this might stimulate some discussion amongst people here, too, like the 12 Holy Nights study.
                              I am also thinking of posting some things related to the spiritual figures Steiner has in the Calendar---this week, for instance, we have Abraham, Tobias and Nicodemus. Meditation on those spirits on their days is quite fruitful.