12 Holy Nights Study

  • lilolemissy
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
      Dear Friends,

      Let's hear more voices for what we can study together for The Twelve Holy Nights? Dr. Starman and others have offered us many choices, all of which are great, and I've already spread perhaps too many of my own ideas around. :) Let's decide before I go blind trying to sneak-read ahead of time all these tomes?! (rubbing red eyes...) HELP!!!

      Cheers!

      Sheila
    • Lee Noonan
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "lilolemissy" <lilolemissy@s...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Friends,
        >
        > Let's hear more voices for what we can study together for The
        Twelve Holy Nights? Dr. Starman and others have offered us many
        choices, all of which are great, and I've already spread perhaps too
        many of my own ideas around. :) Let's decide before I go blind trying
        to sneak-read ahead of time all these tomes?! (rubbing red eyes...)
        HELP!!!

        > Cheers!
        >
        > Sheila

        Training - From the Esoteric School" by Rudolf Steiner
        and "Enlivening the Chakra of the Heart" by Florin Lowndes.

        Maybe some might like to study these exercises?

        Lee
      • lilolemissy
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003

          wrote:
          > Dear Friends,
          >
          > Let's hear more voices for what we can study together for The
          Twelve Holy Nights? Dr. Starman and others have offered us many
          choices, all of which are great, and I've already spread perhaps too
          many of my own ideas around. :) Let's decide before I go blind trying
          to sneak-read ahead of time all these tomes?! (rubbing red eyes...)
          HELP!!!

          > Cheers!
          >
          > Sheila

          Training - From the Esoteric School" by Rudolf Steiner
          and "Enlivening the Chakra of the Heart" by Florin Lowndes.

          Maybe some might like to study these exercises?

          Lee

          Hi, Lee, and thanks. OK, Listmates - What do you all think?
          Sheila

        • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
            Wow, have never heard of anybody reading Florin Lowndes "Enlivening the Chakra of the Heart"!  This sounds exceptional to me but I was willing to go with what was originally proposed.  So we should for sure read "Spiritual Hierarchies" and all or most of what Starman sent out? It probably seems like I am lacking some common sense.  I  am not sure how this list functions.  And it seems like I am always yawning and trying to  keep awake every time I post except for weekends.  Lets keep this Florin Lowndes thing alive if we could.    Chantel
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2003
              Cheeseandsalsa@... writes:
              Wow, have never heard of anybody reading Florin Lowndes "Enlivening the Chakra of the Heart"!  This sounds exceptional to me but I was willing to go with what was originally proposed.  So we should for sure read "Spiritual Hierarchies" and all or most of what Starman sent out? It probably seems like I am lacking some common sense.  I  am not sure how this list functions.  And it seems like I am always yawning and trying to  keep awake every time I post except for weekends.  Lets keep this Florin Lowndes thing alive if we could.   Chantel

              *******All that list of lecture-cycles I posted was about, was to say which ones I've found important to coming to experience the planets and stars, as someone had earlier posted Willi Sucher's list of the same thing. Then I pointed out which of those are available to read online at the Steiner e-library, in case we wanted to take ONE lecture-cycle to read. There are almost two dozen full lecture-courses that we could choose from there, some about astrology and some not, that everyone would be able to read along with online without the necessity of having to order the book.
                  The group could decide to read anything, but of course it would be easiest if it's something available online. Or else if someone put a book in the Files section, then we could all access it.
                  We have about two weeks to decide. Who definitely can participate---that is, you're not going to be travelling for Christmas, etc? We usually each volunteer to present a chapter.
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 23, 2006
                Thank you for sharing that nice movie by Lynn Jericho about the 12 Holy
                Nights, Barbara. Here is the link for the group.

                -starman

                www.DrStarman.com

                >Subject: RE: [steiner] Study
                >Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:19:37 -0500
                >
                >Are you familiar with Lynn's studies for the Holy Nights?
                >Warm thoughts and wishes for Christmas and the 12 Holy Nights,
                >Barbara
                >
                >Dear members and friends of the Anthroposophical Society
                You may know individuals
                >who could benefit from the exercise suggested in the little movie, created
                >by Lynn Jericho and those who helped her.L ynn Jericho is an
                >anthroposophical psychotherapist in the USA and often publishes in
                >Lillipoh.
                >
                >Warm Christmas greetings
                >Inge-Barbara
                >

                > *** Inner Christmas ***
                >
                >To see the Inner Christmas movie, just click on this link.
                >
                >http://www.theinnerchristmasmovie.com
                >
                >This movie is for all human hearts regardless of their religious or
                >non-religious beliefs. No matter how you feel about any part of the
                >Christmas season, you will find something meaningful in Inner
                >Christmas.
                >
                >Please forward this to all your friends, colleagues and family. Share
                >the wondrous gifts of Inner Christmas with them.
                >
                >http://www.theinnerchristmasmovie.com
                >
                >All my good wishes for a meaningful Inner Christmas.
                >

                >Lynn Jericho
                >
                >Live In Full Bloom!!
                >
                >www.lynnjericho.com

                Get live scores and news about your team: Add the Live.com Football Page
                www.live.com/?addtemplate=football&icid=T001MSN30A0701
              • DrStarman
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 16, 2012
                  This group started doing a study together on the internet during the 12 Holy Nights at the start of the 21st century---I believe the first such use of the internet. In recent years it has become so much more difficult to get people together to do it that I passed on it. But if people would get something out of doing it we could try. In case you don't know, anthroposophy teaches that this time is that when the spiritual world and the physical world are closest together, and so an intense study at that time can bring revelations--- as pictured in the legendary Draumkvedet or dream-song of Olaf Asteson from Norway. In past years we have taken up one of Steiner's basic books or lecture-cycles.
                • DrStarman
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 23, 2012
                    I'm going to post an article of Steiner's here which is the clearest explanation I've yet found of his idea of the threefold social order. Anyone is welcome to comment..