Steiner On Astrology [was: Willie Sucher]

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2003
      gringoire@... writes:
      For those who are interested, the following list appears in the bibliography to Willi Sucher's "Cosmic Christianity" as a summary of Steiner's works directly related to astrology (unfortunately no GA numbers or lecture dates are given). Some of the lectures are available at the elibrary; I have marked these with an asterisk. Any further or supplementary information would be welcome.
      The Spiritual Guidance of Humanity
      *Man: Hieroglyph of the Universe
      Human and Cosmic Thought
      *Spiritual Beings in the Heavenly Bodies and in the Kingdoms of Nature
      The Spiritual Hierarchies and their Reflection in the Physical World
      Supersensible Man
      Between Death and Rebirth
      The Evolution of the Earth and Man and the Influence of the Stars
      The Influence of Spiritual Beings Upon Man
      *Man in the Light of Occultism, Theosophy and Philosophy
      *Man and the World of Stars

      *******Forgive me for taking so long to respond.  Here is my own partial list of what I consider essential books and lectures, which includes some of the same ones.

         First, I would put Dr. Steiner's books Theosophy, Cosmic Memory and An Outline of Occult Science (chapter 4, "Human and Cosmic Evolution" and chapter 6, "The Present and Future Of Cosmic and Human Evolution"). A grounding in these is essential.

         Then, some of the lecture cycles that I consider important are:

      The lecture cycles on the Gospel of St. John, St. Luke, etc.
      Occult Signs and Symbols
      The Apocalypse of St. John
      Universe Earth and Man
      Egyptian Myths and Mysteries
      The Spiritual Hierarchies And Their Reflection in the Physical World: Zodiac, Planets, Cosmos
      Macrocosm and Microcosm
      Ancient Myths: Their Meaning and Connection with Evolution
      The Spiritual Beings in the Heavenly Bodies and the Kingdoms of Nature
      Man in the Light of Occultism, Theosophy and Philosophy
      Occult Physiology
      Man-Hieroglyph of the Universe
      Human Questions and Cosmic Answers
      The Wisdom of Man, of the Soul and of the Spirit
      Man As a Being of Sense and Perception
         (These last the two contain the teaching of the 12 senses.)

          There are many other lecture cycles, and then in addition there is much more than is not in either book or lecture form. But in reference to our study for the holy nights, since so many people have shown a heartening interest in astrology, I can assure you that taking up any one of those lecture cycles would give you a big step forward!

          We could see which of those are online. I can look up the dates in order to be sure which lectures are meant, because of the changing titles in different translations.