Re: [steiner] Misnamed Lecture

  • lilolemissy
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      Dear Rick,

      This is interesting, Rick. From the information available to me I find information that Steiner gave an unknown number of lectures in Dornach from June 25, 1922 through July, 1, 1922, listed as below:

      June 25, 1922, Dornach 2:00 p.m. no title or other infomation. [same as immediately below?]

      June 25, 1922, Dornach, Members' Lecture. "Human Questions and Cosmic Answers" printed in 'Anthroposophical Movement', Vol 5, 1928, p. 293. S-4878.*

      June 25, 1922, Dornach, 8:00 p.m. "Man and His Relations to the Planets, Part I", Members' Lecture, GA 213.

      June 30, 1922, Dornach, 8:00 p.m. "Man and His Relations to the Planets, Part 2", Members' Lecture, GA 213.

      July 1, 1922, Dornach, 8:00 p.m. "Man and His Relations to the Planets, Part 3", Members' Lecture, GA 213.

      [NOTE: The below URL indicates Rudolf Steiner gave 13 lectures relating to this GA # (213)sp]

      The above information was taken from the following URL:

      * "The Schmidt Number (indicated by S--followed by a number) refers to the official listing by Hans Schmidt of the transcripts of all of Rudolf Steiner's lectures, addresses, courses and cycles as preserved in the archives at the Goetheanum, Dornach, Switzerland. This list is published under the title, Das Vortragswerk Rudolf Steiner ("The Lectures of Rudolf Steiner"), Philosophisch-Anthroposophischer Verlag am Goetheanum, Dornach, Switzerland, 1950, 429 pp., not translated into English."
      [The immediately above was written by and included in "The Writings and Lectures of Rudolf Steiner, a Bibliography", compiled by Paul Marshall Allen on behalf of The Council of The Anthroposophical Society in America. Whittier Books, Inc., New York, 1956. Copyright, 1956 by Paul Marshall Allen.
                      =====================
      I have in my own collection the following lectures taken from the old AP News Sheets:

      June 30, 1922, Dornach, Members' Lecture, "Relationships Between Cosmic Events and the Periods of Civilization" published in NS, Vol. 4, 1936, p.97. S-4879.

      July 1, 1922, Dornach, Members' Lecture, "The Human Being in Relation to Planetary Life" published in NS, Vol. 4, 1936, p. 109. S-4881.

      Also, just for information, the following day's lecture indicates from Steiner's wording, to be a continuation, and I'll include it just in case....

      July 2, 1922, Dornach, Members' Lecture, "The Countenance of the Earth" published in NS, Vol. 4, 1936, p.121. [No. 31/32] S-4883.
                    ==========================

      Rick, in an old Bib. perhaps 25 to 30 years old from "Rudolf Steiner Library (Archive), Listing of Holdings, Part One, The Works of Rudolf Steiner", is listed the following:

      June 25-July2, 1922: "Human Questions and Cosmic Answers. Man and His Relations to the Planets."

      June 30, 1922: "Relationships Between Cosmic Events and the Periods of Civilization" (NS 4).

      July 1, 1922: "The Human Being in Relation to Planetary Life. (NS 4).

      Rick, I so hope some of this may be of help to you. It seems to me I've been told Steiner rarely entitled his lectures, although he did entitle his books.

      Cheers!

      Sheila

      Dear Sheila, and Folks;

      Sheila, I wonder if I could prevail on you to take a glance into your
      collection. In late June 1922, Steiner gave a series discussing 'Man
      and His Relations to the Planets'. In amongst these, he gave one
      called 'Relationships Between Cosmic Events and the Periods of
      Civilization'. When I got a copy of the latter, in the Anthroposophic
      News Sheet #25, 21st June 1936, the lecture under that heading is
      clearly one of the 'Planetary Relations' and has nothing to do with
      the periods of civilization. If you have this group (25 June, 30
      June, 1 July), could you check and see if the 'Civilization' lecture
      got switched with one of the 'Planetary' ones?

      Any help from anybody on this would be appreciated, Thanks, Rick