Re: Folk souls

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
      Good stuff, Rick - thanks!
      I printed this out to study next to "The work of the angels in the
      astral body", seems to be related material.

      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "rickbobbs" <rickbobbs@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Folks;
      >
      > It's very interesting, and pertinent, to see what Stiener actually
      > had to say about the 'contrary' Spirits involved at the level of
      Folk
      > souls:
      >
      > "The etheric aura of the folk (-soul, rb) acts upon the choleric,
      the
      > phlegmatic and the sanguine temperaments; on the whole, therefore,
      > the power of the etheric aura of the folk flows into these three
      > temperaments. Now these three may be mingled in many different ways
      > and may co-operate differently in different human individuals. You
      > may think of an endless variety of ways in which the three forces
      co-
      > operate, when one influences the other, or conquers it, etc....."
      >
      > "The Folk-spirit acts in an exceptionally delicate and intimate
      > way upon the several human souls in this interweaving into the
      > temperaments; but there are yet other Beings who act upon them in a
      > much stronger, more powerful manner,,,,"
      >
      > "...Now throughout the evolution of our humanity there have
      always
      > been beings who have remained behind. Among these laggards are also
      > some of these Spirits of Form or Powers, (Exusiai - rb) and they
      have
      > remained behind in a very singular way, namely so, that although in
      > respect of certain attributes they are Spirits of Form or Powers,
      and
      > by means of certain attributes can do what at present day can only
      be
      > done by Spirits of Form who have bestowed the `I' upon man at the
      > earth stage, they cannot, however, as yet do this completely,
      because
      > they do not possess all the necessary attributes. They have so
      lagged
      > behind that they did not go through their Archangel stage upon the
      > Sun but are going through it now during the earth period, so that
      > they are beings who are now at the stage of Folk-spirits, but
      possess
      > quite different attributes. Whereas the Folk-spirits work into
      human
      > life in an intimate way because they are only two stages higher up
      > than man and consequently are still related to him, these Powers,
      > these Spirits of Form, tower four stages above the human stage.
      They

    • golden3000997@cs.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
        Good Morning Everyone,

        Just uploaded Grunewald's Concert of Angels - RS = all the beings are the
        folk souls of the nations. Also - the crucifixion - with John the Baptist.

        Have a good day!
        Christine
      • AstroForum@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
          Can you tell me where this is in the steiner-files? I can't seem to find it.
          Its like I can find everything else but this. Is there a www. that I may
          type in to get this? Thank you so much.
        • lilolemissy

            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
              Thank you for your help. I shall try the www. you mentioned. I am very
              interested in anything on the Crucifixion and John the Baptist including John the
              Baptist and the Grail, Mary Magdala, etc.

              Thank you very much for your time. Take care.
            • Morgan Vierheller
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 2, 2003
                The copy I have has a slightly different title;
                The Mission of the Individual Folk Souls (in connection to German-Scandinavian Mythology)
                It is the 1989 edition.

                Morgan

                lilolemissy wrote:

                Dear AstroForum, I looked on the elib site [http://www.elib.org/Steiner] (I hope this is correct) for this work, which is "The Mission of the Individual Folk Souls in Relation to Teutonic Mythology" and do not find it among those which can be downloaded, but I may have overlooked it. My version is the Second English edition, 1970, translated by A.H.Parker, 11 lectures given at Christiania (Oslo) from 7 to 17 June, 1910. I'm sorry not to be of more help. Sheila
                 Can you tell me where this is in the steiner-files?  I can't seem to find it.
                Its like I can find everything else but this.  Is there a www. that I may
                type in to get this?  Thank you so much.

                Post to steiner@egroups.com

                Search the archives of the group at:

                Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

              • AstroForum@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 3, 2003
                  I entered the website suggested and it comes up Error 404 on my screen. Is
                  there another www. I can use? Thank you again for your help--I really want to
                  read this...-)
                • Joel
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 3, 2003
                    http://www.elib.com/Steiner/eLib.php3#Holdings
                    I cut and pasted this from the address window on the e-lib's main
                    Steiner holdings page. From there you should be able to research all
                    that they have for what you are looking for. It is not a complete
                    collection of course, and this address above isn't to what Sheila
                    mentioned.
                    Hope it helps.

                    --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, AstroForum@a... wrote:
                    > I entered the website suggested and it comes up Error 404 on my
                    screen. Is
                    > there another www. I can use? Thank you again for your help--I
                    really want to
                    > read this...-)
                  • lilolemissy

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 3, 2003
                        Thank you so much - at least this got me where I am trying to go. Again,
                        thank you.