Re: [steiner] The List-

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
      Starman,

      I know that this list is public but a possible solution to spammers is to ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on Anthroposophy and to ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest in Anthroposophy.

      In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out spammers before they join the group.

      rick distasi
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
        In a message dated 11/19/2003 11:22:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, mtelford@... writes:

        I look forward to receiving enlightened thoughts from the group, but more
        and more I am disappointed when I 'down tools' (stop working) to open up the
        email program, to find the rubbish (I'm talking about the porn). The rubbish
        is almost now on par with the legimate posts.

        MT

        *******Well, you'll find it on every other list also. But I think you've hit on the reason it stands out----because hardly anyone is using the group for anything, It would just be background noise if it was one item among hundreds.

           I've been a bit busy myself, but surely there's something over 100 other people interested in anthroposophy would like to talk about?

      • S
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
          Hello

          I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
          Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
          Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?

          Thank You

          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
            In a message dated 11/20/2003 7:05:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, radistasi@... writes:

            Starman,

            I know that this list is public but a possible solution to spammers is to ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on Anthroposophy and to ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest in Anthroposophy.

            In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out spammers before they join the group.

            rick distasi

            *******Well, I'm going to do something like that---namely, note and inquire of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for instance, we've had new members:

            Renee Lattimore    (in late October)---- and then in November:
            Brent Wilson of Kansas City
            "Dragonfliesare dancing"
            G. Renquist
            "biblia1703" from the U.K.
            "Dianatomi16"
            "Vindexeuropa" and
            "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)

            Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what you're interested in seeing on this group?

                And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is approaching (Advent starts Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to study together for the 12 Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in reading together?

            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
              In a message dated 11/19/2003 2:41:27 PM Eastern Standard Time, dragonfliesaredancing@... writes:

              The current group settings are:

              .     Listed in directory
              ·   Open membership
              ·   Unmoderated
              ·   All members may post
              ·   Public archives
              ·   Email attachments are permitted

              Dr. Starman could change the membership to "moderator
              approved membership" that will prevent the spam while
              still allowing the archives to be public.

              Have Fun,

              Julie

              *******I'll consider it. In the meantime, Julie, would you like to introduce yourself? You've just joined. And do you have anything about anthroposophy you'd like to say?

            • Julie H
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 20, 2003
                Actually, I first joined this list in October of 2002.
                I recently changed my email address and joined with
                the new email address. The old address is
                julie_b_h@....

                I am the mother of a Waldorf student in Southern
                California and am here to learn more about the
                philosophy behind my daughter's education.

                I have been trying to read "Philosophy of Freedom" but
                often have to put it down for weeks to absorb the 2
                pages that I have just read. At the rate I'm going it
                will take me years to finish the book.

                I've been working with the "Calendar of the Soul" and
                prefer the translation with the Edith Bierman series
                but I also like the thought provoking symbols that
                Starman sends out.

                My current anthroposiphical pondering is related to
                the "Calendar of the Soul". I often think about the
                verse as I am walking down the arroyo. In Southern
                California, at this time of the year nature seems to
                be coming alive after a long summer sleep. The grass
                is growing, the birds, and animals are becoming more
                active after the first rains of autumn. Only the
                trees seem to be preparing for the rest of Winter.

                In fact, this week I seem to be jumbling two verses
                together. The first line of this weeks verse is:
                "The light from the depths of the Spirit". I have a
                tendency to exchange it with "the light from the
                expanses of the universe."

                Similiarly, I am transposing the current line "and
                shines into the dullness of the senses" with "and
                shines into the depth of the spirit".

                I'm thinking the mixed up California seasons are
                jumbling the spring and fall soul calendar verses.

                Have Fun,

                Julie

                --- DRStarman2001@... wrote:
                > Standard Time,
                > radistasi@... writes:
                >

                > > Starman,
                > >
                > > I know that this list is public but a possible
                > solution to spammers is to
                > > ask new comers to list some of the books they have
                > read on Anthroposophy and to
                > > ask them to write you a short essay on their
                > particular interest in
                > > Anthroposophy.
                > >
                > > In other words there needs to develop a means to
                > weed out spammers before
                > > they join the group.
                > >
                > > rick distasi
                > >

                > *******Well, I'm going to do something like
                > that---namely, note and inquire
                > of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for
                > instance, we've had new
                > members:
                >
                > Renee Lattimore (in late October)---- and then
                > in November:
                > Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                > "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                > G. Renquist
                > "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                > "Dianatomi16"
                > "Vindexeuropa" and
                > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another
                > spammer.)
                >
                > Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what
                > you're interested in
                > seeing on this group?
                >
                > And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is
                > approaching (Advent starts
                > Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to
                > study together for the 12
                > Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in
                > reading together?
                > -Starman
                >
                > http://www.DrStarman.net

                Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                http://companion.yahoo.com/
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 21, 2003
                  In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:16:19 AM Eastern Standard Time, sirius777@... writes:

                  Hello

                  I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
                  Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
                  Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?

                  Thank You

                  ******* He's a curious figure, who built on the earlier sytem of the Golden Dawn and gave it his own twists. My impression is that he was an occultist just using his own intellect and speculating, like most, and had developed nothing like the insight into the occult symbolic language that Steiner had. I'm sure there might be good in his work, but he defined everything in his own peculiar way so much that it seemed impenetrable to me. I also found little value in his sytem of corresponding the Tarot cards and Hebrew letters/paths of the Tree of Life, which differs from the Golden Dawn's.
                      I'd put him in the class with people like Heindel myself, not Steiner--- although I don't mean by that that he was a self-deluded plagarist like the former, who made up a 'Rosicrucian' organization in California with his inferior copy of anthroposophy after studying Steiner in Germany.

                • S
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 21, 2003
                    On 11/21/03 9:59 AM, "DRStarman2001@..." <DRStarman2001@...> wrote:

                    >> In a message dated 11/20/2003 10:16:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                    >>sirius777@... writes:
                    >>
                    >> Hello
                    >>
                    >> I have been wondering if the work done in horary astrology by Elbert
                    >> Benjamine (C.C. Zain) is compatible with Dr. Starman's astrology and the
                    >> Soul calendar given by Rudolf Steiner?
                    >>
                    >> Thank You

                    > ******* He's a curious figure, who built on the earlier sytem of the Golden
                    > Dawn and gave it his own twists. My impression is that he was an occultist
                    > just using his own intellect and speculating, like most, and had developed
                    > nothing like the insight into the occult symbolic language that Steiner had.

                    Thank you Dr.

                    It has only been since joining this group that I have really heard of the
                    man Steiner. As time goes by and topics are discussed; I am slowly
                    beginning to see that Steiner is contained in many of the subjects which I
                    have studied yet until now I had never recognized his name or influence.
                    Kind of weird to me, actually. Another thing I have noticed is that I feel
                    more and more comfortable in studying Steiner now that I don't confuse him
                    with Wilhelm Reich. Kind of a crazy thing for me to have been doing, maybe
                    even an unfortunate byproduct of the Internet's approach to information
                    sharing.

                    At any rate thank you and thank you to the whole group for sharing such an
                    in depth knowledge of Steiner and esoterica.

                    =)

                    casey
                  • Joel
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 25, 2003
                      Julie
                      I find it common among people beginning to wade through the works of
                      Steiner to have the long periods of "processing". I think you will
                      find that as you progress, this processing time will become
                      progressively shorter until you are working on three or four
                      lectures/books at the same time, reading every day several times a
                      day. :) Keep at it!
                      Joel

                      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, Julie H <dragonfliesaredancing@y...>

                    • reneelattimore
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 25, 2003
                        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, DRStarman2001@a... wrote:
                        > In a message dated 11/20/2003 7:05:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                        > radistasi@p... writes:
                        >

                        > > Starman,
                        > >
                        > > I know that this list is public but a possible solution to
                        spammers is to
                        > > ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on
                        Anthroposophy and to
                        > > ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest
                        in
                        > > Anthroposophy.
                        > >
                        > > In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out
                        spammers before
                        > > they join the group.
                        > >
                        > > rick distasi
                        > >

                        > *******Well, I'm going to do something like that---namely, note
                        and inquire
                        > of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for instance, we've
                        had new
                        > members:
                        >
                        > Renee Lattimore (in late October)---- and then in November:
                        > Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                        > "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                        > G. Renquist
                        > "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                        > "Dianatomi16"
                        > "Vindexeuropa" and
                        > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)
                        >
                        > Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what you're
                        interested in
                        > seeing on this group?
                        >
                        > And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is approaching
                        (Advent starts
                        > Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to study together for
                        the 12
                        > Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in reading
                        together?
                        > -Starman
                        >
                        > http://www.DrStarman.net
                      • plong plong
                        Message 11 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                          In the past few weeks, for instance, we've
                          >had new
                          > > members:
                          > Dianatomi16"
                          > > "Vindexeuropa" and
                          > > "plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)

                          hello everybody,

                          Just want everyone to know that I am no spammer. I have been following your
                          discussions all along.

                          My interest is on science and technology. I took a one-year holistic science
                          course at Schumacher College ,UK. I also spent some time working in a
                          Biodynamic Garden for four months and visiting Camphill communities. I am
                          currently enrolled in a Waldorf teacher training course in London.

                          I have read most of Steiner's lectures on the sciences and his ideas on the
                          three-fold social order. I find his lecture on World Economy very
                          interesting. There are a number of people who are promoting his economic
                          ideas both in the grassroots level and on the academic arena like Nicanor
                          Perlas in South East Asia and Christopher Budd in the UK.

                          All the best,

                          plong

                        • lilolemissy
                          Message 12 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                            Hello, Plong,

                            Welcome on board and thank you for writing. As you've noticed, there are quite a few on the list involved with Waldorf et al, and we can't ever find too many going into such a wonderful aspect of Anthroposophy!

                            I'm interested in your science pursuits, too, and wonder if you might be into the type of technology involved with computers. There seem to be more and more APs involed in technologies of all sorts - Hooray!

                            Thanks for writing and for the intro! :)

                            Cheers,

                            Sheila

                            Message 13 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                              plong_plong@... writes:

                              hello everybody,
                              Just want everyone to know that I am no spammer. I have been following your
                              discussions all along.
                              My interest is on science and technology. I took a one-year holistic science
                              course at Schumacher College ,UK. I also spent some time working in a
                              Biodynamic Garden for four months and visiting Camphill communities. I am
                              currently enrolled in a Waldorf teacher training course in London.
                              I have read most of Steiner's lectures on the sciences and his ideas on the
                              three-fold social order. I find his lecture on World Economy very
                              interesting. There are a number of people who are promoting his economic
                              ideas both in the grassroots level and on the academic arena like Nicanor
                              Perlas in South East Asia and Christopher Budd in the UK.
                              All the best,
                              plong

                              ********Glad to hear you're a real person, "plong", and not just a screen name to be used to spam the list. Seemed like the type of name they'd choose.

                                  I have to say that much of what I hear from people like Perlas has little relation to Steiner's "Threefold Social Order" ideas, in my opinion, but rather is people using his name to spread their own, quite different, opinions. For instance, Steiner advocated an economic sphere quite distinct and separate from the political state, which would follow only its own (purely economic) laws --- and so also with the "cultural" sphere (so, for instance, the Waldorf Schools are private schools, not run by governments). But it appears to me that many of the people saying they follow Steiner want MORE control of the economy by the government, not less. ;-> [Not to mention the anti-Western Civilization bias and blindness to the current war of Wahabbi Islam on civilization, which Steiner predicted as the result of the rise of the Sun Demon Sorath 666 in 1998, as we've discussed here.]

                                  I find, in my experience for many years now, that often they are just socialists or communists with a thin "coating of Steiner" on top, and once you draw them out in discussion, out come the Marxist slogans that show what they really think--- which is that the government should take over the economy "for everybody's good". That is definitely NOT the teaching of Rudolf Steiner!

                              -Starman

                              >>>Starman,
                              >>>I know that this list is public but a possible solution to spammers is to
                              >>>ask new comers to list some of the books they have read on
                              >Anthroposophy and to ask them to write you a short essay on their particular interest in Anthroposophy.
                              >>>In other words there needs to develop a means to weed out
                              >spammers before
                              >>>they join the group.
                              >>>rick distasi
                              >>>

                              >>*******Well, I'm going to do something like that---namely, note
                              >and inquire of new members joining. In the past few weeks, for instance, we've
                              >had new members:
                              >>
                              >> Renee Lattimore   (in late October)---- and then in November:
                              >> Brent Wilson of Kansas City
                              >> "Dragonfliesare dancing"
                              >> G. Renquist
                              >> "biblia1703" from the U.K.
                              >>"Dianatomi16"
                              >> "Vindexeuropa" and
                              >>"plongplong0525". (The last one I suspect is another spammer.)
                              >>
                              >>Why don't you all introduce yourselves and say what you're
                              >interested in seeing on this group?
                              >>
                              >>   And by the way, another reminder: Christmas is approaching
                              >(Advent starts Nov. 30th), and we traditionally take a book to study together for
                              >the 12 Holy Nights here. What might people be interested in reading
                              >together?
                              >>-Starman
                            • MT
                              Message 14 of 27 , Dec 3, 2003
                                Nicholas Perlas is a champion of Anthroposophy. Anthroposophy's life blood is meeting people face to face and the credibitlity comes from the connections of people to people. I cannot concur with your assessment of Nicholas Perley. It only puts your credibility at odds with his.
                                MT

                                Message 15 of 27 , Dec 4, 2003
                                  "which would follow only its own (purely economic) laws" I'm curious
                                  about this, Dr. - surely we cannot expect the economic institutions
                                  to draft and accept laws themselves that regulate their own
                                  behavior? With the obvious disrespect for any laws already shown by
                                  Enron, et al? I haven't read the ThreeFold Order materials,
                                  obviously - just wondering if you could shed a little light on how
                                  economic arenas can be kept seperate and regulated. Isn't
                                  interconnection between all aspects of society still vital?

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Oct 31, 2010
                                         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                                           *******
                                                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
                                       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, VIOLET, is attached to this e-mail.

                                     *  M A N T R A  # 3 1  *

                                    Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

                                    Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

                                    Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

                                    Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

                                    Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

                                    Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

                                    In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

                                    The Light out of Spirit-Depths

                                    Strives outwards like the Sun:

                                    It turns into Life-Will-Force

                                    And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

                                    Powers to release,

                                    That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

                                    In Man's Work will let ripen.

                                    This week's mantra:

                                        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

                                        Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

                                         This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

                                              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

                                    Sunday, October 31st. Moon Virgo. Wolfgang.

                                    Monday,  November 1st.  Moon Virgo. Catholic Festival of All Hallows ((became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

                                    Tuesday,  November 2nd. Moon Virgo. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

                                    Wednesday,   November 3rdMoon Libra. Malachi (the Prophet).

                                    Thursday,   November 4thMoon Libra. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

                                    Friday,    November 5th. Moon Scorpio. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

                                    Saturday,    November 6th. Moon Scorpio. New Moon.  1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

                                    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
                                    Brilliant JUPITER is high in the southeast at sunset and may be seen in the southern sky all night long.

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Oct 27, 2013
                                    • 1 Attachment
                                    • 81 KB

                                         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through November 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

                                                                        * MANTRA # 31  *

                                    Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

                                    Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

                                    Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

                                    Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

                                    Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

                                    Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

                                    In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

                                    The Light out of Spirit-Depths

                                    Strives outwards like the Sun:

                                    It turns into Life-Will-Force

                                    And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

                                    The Powers to unleash,

                                    So that Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

                                    In Man's Work will allow to ripen.

                                    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

                                    Sunday, October 27th. Moon Leo.  Sabina.

                                    Monday, October 28th. Moon Virgo.  Simeon and Judas (relatives of Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

                                    Tuesday, October 29th. Moon Virgo. Narcissus.

                                    Wednesday,  October 30th. Moon Virgo Claudius.

                                    Thursday, October 31st. Moon Libra  Wolfgang.

                                    Friday  November 1st. Moon Libra.  Catholic Festival of All Hallows (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship that was used in the Pantheon in Rome for all the heathen Gods. The Pantheon was given to Pope Boniface IV by Caesar Photius and consecrated to all the Holies.)

                                    Saturday,  November 2nd. Moon Scorpio. Festival of All Souls (since 1020 as a Catholic Festival established).

                                    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

                                       Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.