Fw: The 2003 Leonid Meteor Shower: Part 1

  • lilolemissy
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2003

      Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 9:54 AM
      Subject: The 2003 Leonid Meteor Shower: Part 1

      Space Weather News for Nov. 12, 2003
      http://spaceweather.com

      This year's Leonid meteor shower is unusual. It's a double shower, and the
      first peak is due this week. Sky watchers around the Pacific Ocean could
      see dozens of meteors per hour on Nov. 13th and 14th.  Favored sites
      include Alaska, Hawaii, and Japan.  Visit spaceweather.com for more
      information.

      ---
      You are currently subscribed to spaceweather as: LilOleMissy@...
    • Morgan Vierheller
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2003
        Thank you for this just-in-time heads up.
        I always remember the Perseids, but the Leonids often slip by because of cloudy weather and packed teaching schedules at school.

        Morgan

        lilolemissy wrote:

        ----- Original Message ----- To: SpaceWeather.comSent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 9:54 AMSubject: The 2003 Leonid Meteor Shower: Part 1
         Space Weather News for Nov. 12, 2003
        http://spaceweather.com

        This year's Leonid meteor shower is unusual. It's a double shower, and the
        first peak is due this week. Sky watchers around the Pacific Ocean could
        see dozens of meteors per hour on Nov. 13th and 14th.  Favored sites
        include Alaska, Hawaii, and Japan.  Visit spaceweather.com for more
        information.

        ---
        You are currently subscribed to spaceweather as: LilOleMissy@...

        Post to steiner@egroups.com