CALENDAR OF THE SOUL, Week 30 After Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2003

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

         Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
         Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form. First, this week's mantra:

      *  M A N T R A  # 3 0  *

      Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht
      Des Denkens reife Früchte
      In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit
      Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.
      Empfinden kann ich freudevoll
      Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:
      Der Winter wird in mir
      Den Seelensommer wecken.

      There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light
      The ripening Fruits of Thinking
      Into Self-Consciousness' certainty
      Transforming all Feelings.
      I can perceive joyously
      The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:
      The Winter becomes in me
      The Soul-Summer's wakening.

           This week's mantram:
          Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer. Last week, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter. This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakens fully.

                                  **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Nov. 10th to 30th in our era. A symbolic image of the SKORPION done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday,  November 9th. Moon Taurus. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

      Monday,   November
      10th. Moon Gemini. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

      Tuesday,   November
      11th. Moon Gemini. St. Martin's Day.

      Wednesday,  November 12th.
      Moon Cancer. 1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

      Thursday,  November 13th.
      Moon Cancer. Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

      Friday,  November 14th.
      Moon Cancer. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

      Saturday,  November 15th.
      Moon Leo.  Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

        P.S.  Brilliant yellowish Mars, still bright in its retrograde 'loop', dominates the night sky, visible in the South after sunset each evening.  Venus is now also visible in the West above the setting Sun for a short time after sunset.

      The verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

      *MANTRA #5*
      Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
      In Raume fruchtbar webend
      Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
      In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
      Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
      Und auferstanden
      Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

      In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
      Weaving in Space bearing its fruit
      The Gods' Shaping is revealed :
      In it shines the Soul's Essence
      Widened to the World-Existence
      And resurrected
      Out of narrow Selfhood's Inner Might.

      *******The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our
      own inner souls, that it is like our soul spread out in external space.