Mammon

  • Joel
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 5, 2003
      Dr. Ulness got back to me with a reference on the Mammon question.
      The following is from his e-mail to me:

      'Steiner told his audience in Düsseldorf on April 19, 1909, "It was
      necessary, 800 years before our era, to send the hindering forces
      into earthly evolution to prepare, from a certain aspect, for the
      Mystery of Golgotha. The hosts of a leader, known in occult circles
      as Mammon, were unleashed for this purpose. They increasingly
      darkened human awareness of the divine."'

      So it seems that this spirit is mentioned by Steiner. How
      their "preparing" works into human development, I need to think
      about. Easy to see the detrimental effects now that the pendulum has
      swung to an excess of these forces, but harder to see why we needed
      them in the first place - on top of the Ahrimanic forces, I mean.
      I'm wondering if there is a subtle difference in their effects, or if
      Mammon is another name for Ahriman?
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 30, 2003
        In a message dated 11/21/2003 7:42:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, Cheeseandsalsa@... writes:

        I am expressing interest in studying the drawings to let you know.  My content is lacking in this subject.  Thank you so much for your time and knowledge it helped straighten out some rough edges! Chantel

        *******Right now I'm very busy with preparations for Christmas, but the 12 images start with Pisces in the spring. So when February rolls around, why don't we start with the first one? I can put the original sketches and Steiner's notations here in the group's Files section.
           I've heard of other people who have done drawings or paintings of the 12 also. Does anyone know who they are? Maybe we could compare.