Re: [steiner] New to the group and question on the signs

  • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2003
      That would be a great idea to pick a sign of the zodiac each month to concentrate on.  Anthroposophy is so wide and varied that I think enough people would be interested in this part of it.  It would be the basis of further knowledge reguarding the astrological components.  I haven't had much time to be on the list so far but am very happy and excited about it.  Namdaste, Chantel
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 6, 2003
        Cheeseandsalsa@... writes:
        That would be a great idea to pick a sign of the zodiac each month to concentrate on.  Anthroposophy is so wide and varied that I think enough people would be interested in this part of it.  It would be the basis of further knowledge reguarding the astrological components.  I haven't had much time to be on the list so far but am very happy and excited about it.  Namdaste, Chantel

        ******Well, the dates of the Sun coming under the influence of each sign were also given out by Steiner as a little different than what either Tropical astrology or sidereal astrology (or astronomy) usually says. So the influence of Scorpio, he says, starts Nov. 10th, in a few days.
           His explanation of the 12 images is that they each represent a Cosmic Age. He starts with the Fish. I have the verbal indications he gave to the artist in German along with the sketches and have been translating them a bit at a time. Here, for instance, is the sketch Steiner made for the Virgin and the finished picture by the artist:

            They were placed in each month in the original Soul-Calendar so that we would meditate on the zodiac image throughout that month. Small images of the 12 would be placed each day next to the notation of where the Moon was on that night, as can be seen in this page from the original book:

            I'll post a bit more about them and perhaps we can find ways to work with them more.

      • lilolemissy
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 6, 2003

          Dr. Starman writes:
[...]

          Dr. Starman, Cheeseandsalsa and All,

          This is an aspect of anthroposophy I have little if any understanding of, having concentrated more on The Christ than any other realm in AP. But the more I've been able to grasp some understanding of The Christ, the more important I see astrology, in Steiner's meaning of the science, to be. I wonder how long the influence of Scorpio lasts - that is, is it predominate for 30 days as in superficial astrology, etc. All such nuances, etc. are unknowns to me, and it seems references to the Truth are essentially relegated to concepts I'm unable to comprehend, but the more I seem to be able to realize about anything to do with AP, the less I actually know.
          Cheers,
          Sheila

        • Pierre Gringiore
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 6, 2003
            Many thanks to Dr starman for his recent posting with some of the zodiac illustrations.  For me, these are both worth seeing and worth keeping.  Forming an image of each of the signs of the zodiac is quite difficult for a number of reasons.  The first has to do with having some confidence in the source of the material, and the second has to do with the nature of intuition.  Intuitive thoughts do not arrive immediately -- there is no direct method, so to speak.  Working with each image over the course of the year is fine by me.  I look forward to further input.  As I begin to feel more confident about my own understanding I will post more of my own thoughts.
          • eurythmy
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 20, 2004
              Dear Chantel, Sheila, Dr Starman and all,
              Could we look at the sign and sketches for Aries/Easter?
              Many thanks,
              Franky
              That would be a great idea to pick a sign of the zodiac each month to concentrate on.  Anthroposophy is so wide and varied that I think enough people would be interested in this part of it.  It would be the basis of further knowledge reguarding the astrological components.  I haven't had much time to be on the list so far but am very happy and excited about it.  Namdaste, Chantel
            • LilOleMissy
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 20, 2004
                Dear Francois,

                It seems to me Easter is the most wonderful time to go into these
                matters, and we all should thank you as well as Chantel for such a
                Blessed suggestion.

                Cheers!

                Sheila

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 21, 2004
                  In a message dated 3/20/2004 3:31:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, eurythmy@... writes:

                  Dear Chantel, Sheila, Dr Starman and all,
                  Could we look at the sign and sketches for Aries/Easter?
                  Many thanks,
                  Franky

                  *******I believe you said you had a copy of the book. Do you have the sketches & Steiner's written indications?

                  Starman
                  www.DrStarman.net
                • eurythmy
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 8 4:14 PM
                    Dear Dr Starman,
                    The sketches I have are exactly as yours, but as it is a photocopy is is black on white not red on cream.
                    Franky
                    Dear Chantel, Sheila, Dr Starman and all,
                    Could we look at the sign and sketches for Aries/Easter?
                    Many thanks,
                    Franky

                    *******I believe you said you had a copy of the book. Do you have the sketches & Steiner's written indications?

                    Starman