Re: [steiner] Celebrating Michaelmas & the stars

    Message 1 of 39 , Oct 28, 2003

      *******The 4 Royal Stars are the bright (first-magnitude) stars in the 4 Fixed Signs of the Zodiac. These (Bull, Lion, Eagle & Angel-Man) are the 4 Beasts of Ezekiel's vision, which reappear in the Book of Revelation, and which Steiner connected to the 4 main Archangels which rule the seasons, and the 3 great systems of Threefold Man, the nervous, digestive and circulatory system (and the human part that co-ordinates all).

         Another insight into these can be found in ancient Egypt by studying the "Canopic jars", the 4 "Sons of Horus".

          What are now called 4 Archangels were most often called 4 Gods in olden times.

      -Starman

      I found an interesting, fuller treatment of the four Royal Stars at www.queenofcups.com/AR27article.htm

      It gives a good description of the role of these stars in the sky through the seasons and the ages, and their associations with powerful beings in Persian &Egyptian mythology -- but no mention of Judeo-Christian names of archangels.
      Of Michaelic interest:

      Aldebaron was equated with the Persian god of light, Ahura Mazda, and is said to endow integrity and to engender the test of honor.”

      “Regulus was equated with the mythical Persian king, Feridun, and is said to bestow success, power of position and the test of withholding revenge”

      Fomalhaut was equated with the Persian god Zal, and is said to bestow charisma and to engender the test of remaining true to our ideals.”

      Antares was equated with the Persian god of the dead, Yima, and is believed to convey passion and the test of addiction to intensity. “

                                                                     Joseph Proskauer

      http://www.DrStarman.net
    • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
      Message 39 of 39 , Nov 21, 2003
        A subject within this subject matter:  The southern cross constellation.  Was that an ancient cross buried within the earth perhaps either in Lemerian or Atlantean time?  When the trees used to fly along with humans and the trees were some type of healing form.  Then some wise guys got bored one day and cut that tree down and it became the southern cross which became the southern cross constellation.
         Some people were actually killed with that southern cross (tree) because they were trying to save it from harm.  These ancient Atlanteans or Lemurians were buried along with it inside of it.  Some of these people in human form today experience pain in the middle of the shoulder blades as a result of this galactic drama.  Has anybody heard anything similar to it or make some sense out of it?  It is very interesting to me.  I have this pain in the middle of my shoulder blades as well.  It has become a seasonal thing.  Every June of the year as summer really approaches it flares up so badly I can barely function.  Chantel