Re: [steiner] Why Steiner?

  • Jarvi
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23 5:33 PM
      Sena -

      You asked "Why Steiner?" To me, that's an entirely personal question.
      It's not something that can be objectively answered. A person can argue
      the relative benefits of one philosophical or devotional path, but all
      he would end up saying is that the particular characteristics of it are
      right for him. For me, Steiner's anthroposophy is completely engaging
      and contains all of the grist I require for my mill right now. I'm
      thankful it exists as a body of knowledge and a discipline to aspire to.
      Without it, there would be a void in my life.

      Lorraine
    • Sena Fernando
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23 10:31 PM
        Thanks for stating your position so clearly,Lorraine.As I have stated
        before,I hope I am open-minded about Steiner.I do feel that he has
        been unjustly and IRRATIONALLY neglected, and this probably confirms
        his view about the Luciferic and Ahrimanic forces at work on Earth.To
        answer the question, "Why Steiner?", my reasons at present are:
        (1)I like his optimism for the human race, which is in contrast to
        other esoteric groups which state that only a few individuals will be
        saved.
        (2)I had been looking for an explanation for such problems as the
        origin of the human race and the meaning of life,and Steiner seems to
        give the best explanation I have come across so far.
        (3)The clarity of his writing,even in translation.
        I have not really started to practise the discipline he recommends;
        perhaps that will be the next step.
        Regards,
        Sena