Re: [steiner] The Zodiac

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      gringoire@... writes:
      As well as following up the other indications received, I have been trying to form an understanding of each of the twelve signs of the zodiac.  The weekly 'Calendar of the Soul' mantras, coupled with the Zodiac images are proving to be quite useful in this regard.  The images are accompanied by the statement that they are "done by an artist from Steiner's sketches &indications".  Where can I read these indications?

      The reason for asking this is that, while contemplating the images is useful, it would also be useful to have a conceptual (i.e.. written or verbal) image of each of the twelve signs of the zodiac.  I presume reliable indications exist (even from a source other than Steiner).
      P.S. When I joined this group I received (automatically, I assume) eleven .jpg images.  The twelfth (Aquarius) was missing.  I would like to know if this is available or, if not, could it be posted here.
      Once again, many thanks for the information received.

         ******* Here is Aquarius. I'll see about why you only received 11.

          The 12 images are states of the evolution of the earth from the description of it in An Outline of Occult Science. At certain definite points, an impulse came from each of the 12 spiritual groups of beings into the earth plane. Steiner's sketches and his written indications (in German, of course) to the artist, Imma von Echerdstein, are found in the "Beträge zur Rudolf Steiner Gesamtausgabe", pub. in 1972. Dr. Vreede worked on them a bit. I think Francoise said he has this book as well. If there is enough interest we could do a bit of study of each one. I'd say it requires being a bit familiar with German and with anthropsophy's story of earth-evolution.