The Soul's Calendar, Week 33

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      THE 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
      Here’s the 33rd week of the Soul's Calendar. It's made up of 52 meditative
      mantras enabling you to consciously experience the astral or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year; 12 images of the zodiac to be
      meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the cosmos into you
      in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations each night to sense
      the lunar forces; and a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
      to meditate about on specific days of the week.
      The mantra in the original German and in English:

      So fühl ich erst die Welt,
      Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben
      An sich nur frostig leeres Leben
      Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,
      In Seelen sich von neuem schaffend,
      In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

      Now I feel for the first time the World
      That, without my Soul's Living-With-it,
      As only a frozen empty Life
      And without Power is revealed;
      All in the Soul of new Shaping,
      If it stays in itself, can find only Death.

      The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images or Imaginations to awaken
      spiritual sight and mantras to begin Inspiration or spiritual hearing. The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
      reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantra:
      The season of Autumn is the time in which we are meant to develop Self
      (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all
      Summer.
      Last week's verse described how, as a part of this growing self-awareness,
      our will-forces became strong enough to give clear insight into the Destiny
      (karma) events in our lives. This week this process of seeing the external
      world from the outside (rather than being within it, as in summer) reaches
      the point where we feel intensely that, without our souls' participation in
      it, it is an empty wasteland: and that all our creative forces, if we keep
      them within our own souls, will die, for they are meant to connect with and
      renew something in that outer world that can have no life without them.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Sagittarius
      from Dec. 1st to Jan. 4th. The symbolic image of the Archer done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications accompanies this post as an attachment. The
      Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
      with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual figures published in the
      first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful material for contemplation on
      those days. I’m in the process of translating these to restore the Calendar
      to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday December 3rd. Moon Aquarius. Last Quarter. Fracis Xavier,
      well-known converter of heathens in the 16th century.
      Monday December 4th. Moon Pisces. 1409 The University of Leipzig founded.
      1798 Galvani died. 1795 Carlyle born.
      Tuesday December 5th. Moon Pisces. 1791 Mozart died.
      Wednesday December 6th. Moon Pisces. Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the
      way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to
      shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold
      through the window of the man, enough to provide his three daughters with a
      dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day
      we give gifts to children.) Max Muller the Orientalist born 1833.
      Thursday December 7th. Moon Aries. First German railroad opened 1835.
      Friday December 8th. Moon Aries. Festival of the Conception of Mary
      (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).
      Herbert Spencer died 1903.
      Saturday December 9th. Moon Taurus. Milton born1608.

      *******Dr. Starman

      P.S. The almost-full Moon will appear close to Saturn and Jupiter in the
      Eastern sky on both Dec. 9th and 10th, all 3 rising higher in the sky all
      night after sunset. The Moon will appear to the right of Saturn on Dec. 9th,
      to the left of bright Jupiter on the 10th.

      *The Micha-Elic use of Technology*