    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003

      The "Calendar of the Soul"

         Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day--- a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces--- and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
      Here's the Soul-Calendar' restored to its complete form for your use.

      *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

      Sich selbst erschaffend stets,
      Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;
      Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort
      In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt
      Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis
      Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

      In continually shaping one's Self,
      Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;
      The World-Spirit, it strives forward
      In Self-Knowledge newly living
      And shapes out of Soul-Darkness
      The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

      This week's mantram:
         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, and it now ripens into a Self-consciousness instead of Nature-consciousness. This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through this constant creating of that Self; this Self is the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe aware of itself through us. This now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

                                            **********************************
          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. A symbolic image of the VIRGIN done by an artist from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

      Sunday, September 28th. Moon Scorpio. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.

      Monday,  September 29th. Moon Sagittarius.
      Michael (the Archangel).

      Tuesday,  September 30th. Moon Sagittarius.
      Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

      Wednesday,  October 1st. Moon Capricorn.
      1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

      Thursday,  October 2nd. Moon Capricorn.  First Quarter.
      Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

      Friday,    October 3rd. Moon Capricorn.
      Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

      Saturday,  October 4th. Moon Aquarius.
      Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

      The verse for the Southern Hemisphere:

      *  M A N T R A  # 4 9  *
      Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:
      So spricht Gedankenklarheit,
      Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen
      In finstern Weltennächten,
      Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage
      Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

      "I feel the Power of the World-Existence":
      So speaks Thinking's Clarity,
      Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing
      In dark World-Night,
      Its inner Rays of Hope
      Drawing close to nearing World-Day.

      This week's mantra:
         We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens. Last week, we felt the growing Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead awakene Love in our hearts. This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner, and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

        P.S.  Brilliant yellowish Mars, at its brightest doing its retrograde 'loop', dominates the night sky, visible in the Southwest after sunset, moving to directly south shortly before midnight. The Moon will be seen near it Sun. night Oct. 5th.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2004
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

          Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra on Easter Sunday.
           These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos, plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events on specific days.
           Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete 'astrosophical' form.

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. Here's a version of the symbolic image of the VIRGIN in the original Soul-Calendar, done from Steiner's sketches & indications:

        This week's mantra.

[...]

        Sunday, September 19th.  Moon Sagittarius.  Eustachius.

        Monday, September 20th. Moon Sagittarius. Castor.

        Tuesday, September 21st. Moon Capricorn. First Quarter.  Matthew (the Evangelist).

        Wednesday, September 22nd. Moon Capricorn. 1452 Savanarola born.

        Thursday, September 23rd. Moon Aquarius.  63 B.C. Augustus born.

        Friday, September 24th. Moon Aquarius. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.

        Saturday, September 25th. Moon Pisces.
        Cleophas (he who was a leader in the Gospels).

        Dr. Starman

        www.DrStarman.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2005
          The Calendar of the Soul

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us and in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter.

             These mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the "Soul-Calendar" restored to this complete form.

             The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through Sept. 7th  in our era. Here's the symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar, done from sketches and indications of Steiner's, colored with the corresponding color:

          This week's mantra.

          *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

          Sich selbst erschaffend stets,
          Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;
          Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort
          In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt
          Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis
          Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

          In continually shaping one's Self,
          The Soul's Being becomes aware of itself ;
          The World-Spirit, it strives forward
          In Self-Knowledge newly living
          And shapes out of Soul-Darkness
          The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

             The season of Autumn is the 'Michaelmas' time: in the Summer 'waking dream-state' , while our consciousness was turned outwards to Nature, a spiritual 'seed' was planted, and it now ripens into a Self-consciousness to replace the former Nature-consciousness.

             This week, the Soul becomes aware of itself through the constant creating of that Self. This Self is actually the World-Spirit itself in us, the universe become aware of itself through us. This newly living awareness now reaches into the dark soul-contents; and through this sensing of Self, the Will, its fruit, is unleashed.

          Sunday,  September 4th.  Moon Virgo.  Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.

          Monday,  September 5th. Moon Libra.  Nathaniel (he who in John's Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').

          Tuesday,  September 6th. Moon  Libra.  Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
                             Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno Bauer born.

          Wednesday, September 7th. Moon Scorpio. Regina.

          Thursday, September 8th. Moon Scorpio. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader of
                                            Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th century.

          Friday, September 9th. Moon Sagittarius. 1828 Tolstoy born.

          Saturday, September 10th. Moon Sagittarius. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

          *******The Moon can be seen close to the brilliant conjunction of Jupiter and Venus in Libra in the west just above the sunset on Monday and Tuesday nights.