Re: [steiner] reincarnation and samsara

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 2003
      In a message dated 9/23/2003 1:07:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, derekelleray2000@... writes:

      I raised the alarm unnecessarily by stating that I was receiving
      messages by e-mail.
      This was my mistake. The only messages I received were the 12 zodiac
      signs + "Samara" which is probably standard for new members and for
      which I thank you.
      In "Samsara" (which I have always understood is the Buddhist term
      for the material world) you refer to the period between death and a
      new birth as "reverse time", This puzzles me. I assume that we will
      reincarnate in a future time (about 1000 years hence on average).

      ******* That was a contribution from the original founder of the list, Sena, who has not been able to be part of it for awhile. What I think he was referring to was that, during our time in that other world in which we live between death and a new birth, time flows in a reverse direction to our physical world, apparently backwards to us. We review our life just lived from the last part back to the first, for example. Time on the astral plane flows in what appears to be the reverse order from the physical.