Re: [steiner] Re: Verse and 12 Holy Nights

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      > >About this verse:
      > > I look into darkness.
      > > In it arises light.
      > > Living light.
      > > Who is this light in the darkness?
      > > It is myself in my reality.
      > > This reality of my Ego
      > > does not enter into my Earth existence.
      > > I am only an image of it.
      > > But I shall find it again
      > > when I-- with good will for the spirit
      > > shall have passed through the portal of death.
      > That's a very interesting verse, Morgan, but does it mean that
      > none of us will become truly enlightened until after death?
      It was given by Rudolf Steiner at the founding of the British
      Anthroposophical Society.

      The British custom of the Calendar of Advent is 24days twice 12 days then
      comes the 13 nights surrounding twelve days after Christmas (from shepherds
      to kings) In the middle of the twelve days after Christmas is New Year and
      the custom of lead pouring in Germany or the northern custom of watching the
      pattern of water freezing, In the middle of the first part of the advent
      Calendar is the Dutch custom of St Nicholas, on 6th Dec, with his donkey and
      knowing every thing, a Moon mood, Then comes Santa Lucia from Scandinavia
      with her crown of candle like a Sun in the night, on 13th Dec. The last
      period with the lead and creation of time anew, is under a Saturn mood, like
      the creation of time in the middle of the old Saturn period.
      It seems obvious that one has the twelve starting after the Calendar of
      Advent, on the eve of Christmas, When all the retracing of old moon, old sun
      and old Saturn is done one reaches the eve of epiphany, the three kings day
      (which is an invention of the third century AD, much celebrated in
      Spain)Epiphany is the old Christmas celebration of the birth at the Baptism.
      A prophetic celebration of Earth changing.
      How are the traditions is the States? any other view on things on that
      continent? when looking at the future is one looking at pools - and if it
      takes a month to decide, what then?
      Franky